• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening folks

Had a great afternoon on the Severn Valley visiting Santa - a lovely way to start Christmas. Although trying to organise 17 members of my family to be in one place at a given time was a logistical nightware. The phrase "herding cats" springs to mind.

Off up to North Wales tomorrow for a week. Internet access might be tricky, so if I don't check in before then I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa is good to you.

Cheerio

VDF
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Off up to North Wales tomorrow for a week. Internet access might be tricky, so if I don't check in before then I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa is good to you.

Cheerio

VDF
      Have a good one

Code:
                    .-""""""""""-.
                   /              `\
                  / .--.---.-.-.--.-;.
                 ; { ' . '  .  '  .  '}
                 | {__'_,__.__'__.__'_}
                 |  /    _      _    \
                 | ;    / \    / \    ;
                 | |    |0|    |0|    |
                 \ |    \_/    \_/    |
               .-'\;  \            /  ;
              |.  ' \  '.        .'  /
              \  ` / '.  '-.__.-'  .'
               '--'    '-._    _.-'
                jgs        ''''

Comment

Merry Crimble everyone
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Merry Crimble everyone
          Bit previous aren't you - it's not the middle (or, more accurately, tail-end) of next week yet

Hugs (manly for the use of) anyway:->

Comment

Good morning all!

Nick, how the heck are you? CM is sleeping in the spare room, I've been snoring again...

Comment

I scent win in the air...

The major problem I face in creating a Facebook application is that I don't use it very much, and when I do, I don't use it the way most people do.

As those of you who keep up with TPD will know, I recently got very positive feedback from the denizens (=== staff) of my local (not to be confused with the FMB bar) about my potential FB app.

Tonight, one was working who I had been told used FB a lot. When she served me during a quiet spell, I asked her if she did indeed use FB frequently (she does) and then told her that I was writing a FB app. She asked me what it would do; I gave her the one-sentence description (it needs to be one sentence or you're doing it wrong).

She stood there for about five seconds, mouth agape, staring into infinity (which, it seems, is located somewhere behind my right shoulder).

Then she looked at me and said "That's amazing... That's a Facebook application I would actually use!"

I think I might have had a good idea this time

Footnote: I don't mean to imply by the "mouth agape" bit that she's some kind of slack-jawed yokel. She's a very intelligent young woman. I like drinking in a pub where many, and possibly the majority, of the staff either have or are studying for a Master's degree
              Last edited by NickFitz; 21 December 2008, 03:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Good morning all!

Nick, how the heck are you? CM is sleeping in the spare room, I've been snoring again...
                Greetings, salutations, and felicitations

Doesn't she keep Ned in the spare room?

How are you all? Drunk, I hope^H^H^H^H presume

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Greetings, salutations, and felicitations

Doesn't she keep Ned in the spare room?

How are you all? Drunk, I hope^H^H^H^H presume
                  Ned is away. We're catching the ferry to Dublin tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Ned is away. We're catching the ferry to Dublin tomorrow.
                    Ah, I see.

Ferry from my home town, perchance? Or are they doing them down the Manchester Ship Canal nowadays?

Mind you, it's not the same now - we used to have to use the East Lancs Road to get from Liverpool to Manchester and back.

There was an undertaker's place down there that had a luminant cross, raised above the building's roof line, such that it seemed to be hovering over the premises.

That passed for a thing to marvel at in 1968

Comment

Frasier: "By the way, I frown on overnight guests."
                      Roz: "You're doing it wrong."

Comment

Working...
                      X