• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Well?
      voodooflux
      Super poster

century

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Good Evening, Nick!

How's things? Did you get your contract that you were waiting to hear about the other week?
        I refer the honourable denizen to the reply I gave when he asked me that yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

This damn tooth is driving me up the wall

Actually, it doesn't feel quite as bad as it did yesterday - it was dreadful last night

The dentist doesn't do NHS work on Fridays. I'll have to call in the morning and hope they can fit me in, otherwise the next chance is Monday evening

Still, I suppose I should be glad I've actually got an NHS dentist, even if they only do NHS stuff part-time

I hope you get better soon - tooth ache comes and goes.

Tooth pain only similar to back pain for severity IMO - but that is just what I have had. get better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            F8cked up BumFluff here, really, really depressed, found out yesterday ex had been seeing someone behind my back for 9 months prior to split, during these 9 months I was working my ass off doing the house up for her, getting ready to propose

Got really drunk last night and got involved in a fight ended up spending night in police cells I wasnt charged, but cautioned, police showed me video of me being arrested I had to be restrained held down by 4 police, I was so drunk and going mental..... all this before xmas money doesnt bring me happeness, I feel like Im heading to self destruction and I cant stop myself and its been 6 months since we split, I cant avoid her as we still have the frolicking house to shift mmmm :'0(

I think I should be awarded most depressed CUK member 2008
            Bummer BF <- manly

Comment

Wonder what to have for dinner - definitely something either soft or liquid

I could make do with soup and a roll... or I could get fish & chips

Decisions, decisions...
              Or just have a liquid dinner? guiness?

Comment

Evening, BP

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                  F8cked up BumFluff here, really, really depressed, found out yesterday ex had been seeing someone behind my back for 9 months prior to split, during these 9 months I was working my ass off doing the house up for her, getting ready to propose

Got really drunk last night and got involved in a fight ended up spending night in police cells I wasnt charged, but cautioned, police showed me video of me being arrested I had to be restrained held down by 4 police, I was so drunk and going mental..... all this before xmas money doesnt bring me happeness, I feel like Im heading to self destruction and I cant stop myself and its been 6 months since we split, I cant avoid her as we still have the frolicking house to shift mmmm :'0(

I think I should be awarded most depressed CUK member 2008
                  Poor BF

Time is a great healer - do try to chill in the meantime.

Comment

I refer the honourable denizen to the reply I gave when he asked me that yesterday
                    Ah - boo. I missed the reply as I packed up and left the project in the lurch.

I had an agent hounding me this week for my CV for a really juicy sounding role. Firstly it was meant to be a retained contractor role, so low rate to stay available, then more for working - great plan B opportunities. Then it changed to a work from home role - great plan B opportunities.

Kept on about when could I get a CV, and could I start next week....

So I updated the CV, tailored it for that particular role, stayed up late to do it, emailed it to him first thing yesterday morning.

SILENCE. Not even an acknowledgment.

Oh well - time for a break until the new year anyway.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Evening, BP

I hope your health is improved?

Comment

Working...
                      X