• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Byeee
    Bye Zeity

Comment

Comment

Fish & chips for dinner

As I was walking briskly back from the chippy, I was waylaid by two female Mormons

"Excuse me, have you ever wondered about the purpose of life?" one asked.

"Never in the slightest," I replied cordially, and made to continue on my way. However, she wasn't letting go that easily:

"Do you have a belief in God?"

"No, but I have a dinner getting cold," I said, waving my fish & chips at her and moving away at a rate of knots.

Silly people - they're never going to convince anybody of anything by keeping them standing on a freezing pavement as their dinner goes cold

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Fish & chips for dinner

As I was walking briskly back from the chippy, I was waylaid by two female Mormons

"Excuse me, have you ever wondered about the purpose of life?" one asked.

"Never in the slightest," I replied cordially, and made to continue on my way. However, she wasn't letting go that easily:

"Do you have a belief in God?"

"No, but I have a dinner getting cold," I said, waving my fish & chips at her and moving away at a rate of knots.

Silly people - they're never going to convince anybody of anything by keeping them standing on a freezing pavement as their dinner goes cold
          You should have told her your belief at the moment was with cod.
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Not sure - DS biological father ( where is the spit smilie) has messed us about on his weekends so I have not booked anything yet. Will call tomorrow to see if they have any spaces.
            It's well worth going if you can - I reckon DS would really enjoy it.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              You should have told her your belief at the moment was with cod.

I wish I'd thought of that... "Believe in cod? Yes, I have one right here!"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                That'll give you more time to bag some further centuries then...
                Oh yeah - double bonus!

Comment

I think I need to get out more
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I'd have "battered" them.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X