• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 mins left.... bored now... I should have left at 15:45 & caught the earlier train...

Apparently, according to the timesheet thingie, core hours are up to 16:00... as if I give a toss about that anyway.

Haven't seen a soul this afternoon.... I was running around like a blue arsed fly this morning...

Comment

Somehow, while it's been in my pocket, my watch has changed from 24hr display to AM/PM...

It must be easy to turn it back but I can't remember how...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I keep a server running on Amazon EC2, primarily for experimental purposes.

It has the advantage that I can swap different machine images around depending on which technologies I want to use, mess around with scaling up to multiple servers and load balancing, and so forth, and just pay for the time I actually have a machine running.

With one server active all the time on a static IP address, it comes out to about £45/month including stuff I have stored on S3 and so on.
        That looks interesting, particuarly as they recently announced native support for Microsoft Windows Server. Might need to look at that a bit more...although I still have an 18 month lease left on my dedicated server.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

10 mins & counting...

Comment

That's near enough for me... it'll take about 2 mins to walk down the staircase...

Byeeee

Have a good weekend all....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              That's near enough for me... it'll take about 2 mins to walk down the staircase...

Byeeee

Cheerio Zeity - have a good one

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Byeeee

Bye Zeity

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                  I need to get under the desk...call for help if I'm not back in 5!
                  The Diablo office is now re jigged

That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Looks like I've missed a bit of stuff, let me go see...
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                      The Diablo office is now re jigged

Evening ED

Did you get stuck under that desk?

Comment

Working...
                      X