• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Awwww babies.... I'm super broody at the moment

I'm grand thanks luvvie!
    Best check out the latest Baby Bear pics on FB then!
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Awwww babies.... I'm super broody at the moment

I'm grand thanks luvvie!
      And when you have finished that, you can also check out MiniMe on Facebook.... which reminds me, I really should upload some new ones of "TheBoy".

Anyway, back to Judge Dredd.

Comment

Excuse me whilst I turn into Chef Bear for a mo.....

Ragu Bianco and Pasta

2 Garlic Cloves
        Extra virgin olive oil
        1 onion chopped
        1 celery stick chopped
        100g pancetta or lardons
        500g minced pork
        a glass of white wine - dry
        A glass of water (about 200ml)
        salt and pepper
        a handful of fresh parmesan, grated
        1 zest of a lemon
        a handful of chopped parsley
        pasta of your choice - I use Tagliatelle

Get a large pan, big enough to put all ingredients in later (including all the pasta), out the olive oil in and heat.

Peel the garlic, slice in half and put in oil. bring up to heat (DO NOT BURN).

Take the pan off the heat and let the garlic infuse the oil for 5 mins.

Take the garlic out and throw away.

Slowly soften the onion and celery in the garlic infused oil, do not fry hard, it should sweat - add a tablespoon of water if it sizzles.

Once softened (7-8 mins) - turn up the heat to full, add the pancetta or lardons and fry for 2 mins, then add the pork mince and fry for 3-4 mins, keep stirring to avoid colouring the the meat too much.

Add the wine and season with the salt and pepper to taste. (I don't add any salt as the pancetta normally handles this but I don't like salt! Lots of pepper though). Reduce the liquor.

Add the water, cover and simmer slowly for 20 mins. If it gets too dry - add a little more water although it shouldn't.

Cook your pasta to coincide with the end of the ragu cooking time.

Drain the pasta, add it to the ragu, throw in your Parmesan, Parsley and Lemon Zest and mix well.

If it's too dry add a touch of water, if it's too loose, add some more parmesan.

Serve. Sprinkle with parsley.

Comment

I did promise this recipe for CM - as I may not be around in the morning please point her to it.

Oh, and Folks - Give it a go, it's delicious!

Comment

When my wife first met me, I had a great recipe. but she banned it.

Take a large saucepan. throw in a tin of baked beans (or Tomatoes) add 2 sausages, 4 rashers of bacon, 3 eggs, 4 slices of black pudding. 1/2 a punnet of mushrooms.
            Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
            Grab a tea-towel and a spoon, 3 slices of buttered bread.
            Place saucepan on lap (use towel for insulation)
            Watch telly and enjoy your meal.

Better than a pot noodle

That's class that is
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              When my wife first met me, I had a great recipe. but she banned it.

Take a large saucepan. throw in a tin of baked beans (or Tomatoes) add 2 sausages, 4 rashers of bacon, 3 eggs, 4 slices of black pudding. 1/2 a punnet of mushrooms.
              Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
              Grab a tea-towel and a spoon, 3 slices of buttered bread.
              Place saucepan on lap (use towel for insulation)
              Watch telly and enjoy your meal.

Better than a pot noodle

That's class that is
              Fundamentally sound, although I'm not sure about the eggs (personal preference - I don't eat them), the black pudding () or the mushrooms (again, personal preference).

However, one can always adapt a recipe to one's own tastes. In this case, I would suggest substituting the aforementioned ingredients with more sausages and bacon

And a fried slice (or two) on the side

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Fundamentally sound, although I'm not sure about the eggs (personal preference - I don't eat them), the black pudding () or the mushrooms (again, personal preference).

However, one can always adapt a recipe to one's own tastes. In this case, I would suggest substituting the aforementioned ingredients with more sausages and bacon

And a fried slice (or two) on the side
                Philistine...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  I did promise this recipe for CM - as I may not be around in the morning please point her to it.
                  Will do - well, maybe in the afternoon for me, but one way or another we'll see she gets it

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  Oh, and Folks - Give it a go, it's delicious!
                  That too

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    Philistine...

Black pudding made sense in the days before the war, when working class families kept a pig in the back yard and slaughtered it in the autumn - they did so because they were poor, and needed every last bit of nutrition. Pigs were virtually free food made out of a year's leftovers.

Then, after the war and into the Sixties, poorer families (like the one I was born into) still had to eat black pudding occasionally because it was cheap, and you couldn't always feed two adults and three children on prime cuts.

Nowadays? Slaughter the pig, use the blood to make fertiliser, eat the meat.

It's pretty much the definitive case of paupers' food coming to be regarded as a delicacy. The paupers ate it because it was all they could afford, not because it was nice

You'll be telling me to buy a fresh pig's head next - we never ate those, but the local butcher always had a row of them in his window.

As for brawn...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Black pudding made sense in the days before the war, when working class families kept a pig in the back yard and slaughtered it in the autumn - they did so because they were poor, and needed every last bit of nutrition. Pigs were virtually free food made out of a year's leftovers.

Then, after the war and into the Sixties, poorer families (like the one I was born into) still had to eat black pudding occasionally because it was cheap, and you couldn't always feed two adults and three children on prime cuts.

Nowadays? Slaughter the pig, use the blood to make fertiliser, eat the meat.

It's pretty much the definitive case of paupers' food coming to be regarded as a delicacy. The paupers ate it because it was all they could afford, not because it was nice

You'll be telling me to buy a fresh pig's head next - we never ate those, but the local butcher always had a row of them in his window.

As for brawn...
                      Mmmmmmmm... Brawn
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X