• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep it up here and you will get both soon enough.

Comment

HK has been contracted by the U.S. Army to produce the kinetic energy subsystem (see: kinetic projectiles or kinetic energy penetrator) of the Objective Individual Combat Weapon, a planned replacement for the M16/M203 grenade launcher combination. OICW will fire both 5.56 mm bullets and 25 mm grenades. The kinetic component was also developed separately as the HK XM8, though both the OICW and XM8 are now indefinitely suspended.

HK is also contracted to refurbish the SA80 range of weapons for the British Army.

Recently, H&K developed an improved version of the United States issued M4 rifle, called the HK416. H&K replaced the impingement gas system used by the Stoner design on the original M16 platform with a piston system. At this date, there is no indication that the rifle will be adopted by the U.S. Armed Forces. However, the elite Delta Force and other Special Operations units have used the HK416 in combat[2], and Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn has called for a "free and open competition" to determine whether the Army should buy the HK416 or continue to purchase more M4 carbines.[3] The Norwegian Army has chosen the HK416 to be its new standard issue rifle.[4]
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

right time to do some work...

Comment

HK sells its pistols in the United States to both the civilian and law enforcement market. In 2004 H&K was awarded a major handgun contract by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) , worth a potential $26.2 million for up to 65,000 pistols. This contract ranks as the single largest handgun procurement contract in US law enforcement history. Many HK civilian rifles that were briefly sold in the United States now command a high value on the secondary market. HK firearms are often seen as a status symbol among American gun owners due to their quality, scarcity, and high price tag.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Notable Heckler & Koch designs or families
            * Pistols: USP (variants: P8, P2000, P30, MK23, HK45), HK UCP, P7, VP70
            * Personal defense weapons: MP7, MP5K
            * Submachine guns: MP5, UMP
            * Battle rifles : G3, HK417
            * Assault rifles: G36, HK33, HK53, HK416, XM8
            * Hunting Rifles: HK SL6, HK SL7, HK 300, HK 630, HK 770, HK 940
            * Semi-Automatic Sporting Rifles: HK 41, HK 43, HK 91, HK 93, HK 94, HK SR9, SL8
            * Sniper rifles: MSG-90, PSG-1
            * Machine guns: HK21E, MG4
            * Grenade launchers: HK 69, HK 79, AG36, GMG
            * Special Weapons:
            o G11: experimental assault rifle.
            o G41: Assault Rifle meant to replace the HK G3; replaced by the HK G36.
            o P11: underwater pistol.

Comment

Short List of Heckler & Koch abbreviations

(Format: Abbreviation = German Text (English Text))

* A = Ausführung ("Version")[5]
              * G = Gewehr ("Rifle")
              * K = Either Kurz ("Short") for pistols and submachine guns or Karabiner ("Carbine") for rifles and assault rifles.
              * AG = Either stands for Anbau-Gerät ("Attached Device") or Anbaugranatwerfer ("Attached Grenade Launcher")
              * GMG = Granatmaschinengewehr (Grenade machine gun)
              * GMW = Granatmaschinenwerfer (Automatic Grenade Launcher)
              * MG = Maschinengewehr ("Machinegun")
              * MP = Maschinenpistole ("Submachinegun")
              * PSG = Präzisions-Schützen-Gewehr ("Precision Marksman's Rifle")
              * SD = Schalldämpfer ("Sound dampened", in the case of the MP5 having an integral silencer, in the case of the USP, an extended threaded barrel for attaching a silencer)
              * SG = Schützen-Gewehr ("Marksman's Rifle")
              * UMP = Universal-Maschinenpistole ("Universal Machine Pistol")
              * UCP = Ultimate Combat Pistol
              * USP = Universal-Selbstladepistole ("Universal Self-loading Pistol")
              * ZF = Zielfernrohr ("Telescopic Sight")

Comment

Why is wikipedia so slow. Cheapskates, buy some new servers.

Comment

Comment

The oceanic whitetip shark, Carcharhinus longimanus, is a large pelagic shark of tropical and warm temperate seas. It is a stocky shark, most notable for its long, white-tipped, rounded fins.

This aggressive but slow-moving fish dominates feeding frenzies, and is a suspected danger to survivors of oceanic shipwrecks and downed aircraft.[1][2] Recent studies[3][4] have shown that its numbers are in steep decline — its large fins are highly valued as the chief ingredient of shark fin soup and, as with other shark species, the oceanic whitetip faces mounting pressure from fishing throughout its range.

Comment

The oceanic whitetip shark was first described by naturalist René-Primevère Lesson in his account of observations made during Louis Duperrey's 1822–1825 circumnavigation of the world on the corvette Coquille. Lesson described two specimens found in the Tuamotu Archipelago in French Polynesia, and named the shark Squalus maou after a Polynesian word for "shark". However, Lesson's description and name were forgotten.[5]

It was next described by Cuban Felipe Poey in 1861 as Squalus longimanus.[5] The name Pterolamiops longimanus has been used during its history. The species epithet, longimanus, refers to the size of its pectoral fins (longimanus translates from Latin as "long hands").[6] Its other, less frequently used, synonyms include Carcharhinus obtusus (Garman 1881), Carcharhinus insularum (Snyder 1904), Pterolamiops magnipinnis (Smith 1958), and Pterolamiops budkeri (Fourmanoir 1961). The oceanic whitetip shark has many common names in English: Brown Milbert's sand bar shark, brown shark, nigano shark, whitetip whaler, and whitetip shark.[6]

The rules of the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature are that in general the first-published description has priority; therefore the valid scientific name for the oceanic whitetip shark should be Carcharhinus maou. However, Lesson's name remained forgotten for so long that Carcharhinus longimanus is the widely accepted scientific name.[7]

Comment

Working...
                      X