• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Hello.

Hi Zeity

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      I'd love a 'scope. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it, but I'd want it sat on my shelf making important looking patterns.

Some former colleagues of mine, device driver and BIOS developers, used them all them time and I was very envious.
      Logic state analysers are cool

Comment

I'd love a 'scope. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it, but I'd want it sat on my shelf making important looking patterns.

Some former colleagues of mine, device driver and BIOS developers, used them all them time and I was very envious.
        I was about to say there's 5 in this room, but I just realised there's one of those useless Velleman battery operated things on a shelf...

There's another 3 upstairs, including a classic valve jobbie from about 1953, one of the dim, green & fuzzy British made from girders type of oscilloscope...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hi Zeity

Anyone know where Bazza is today?

That's why it's been quiet...

Comment

Yes, I'll have one of those too!

There's another 3 upstairs, including a classic valve jobbie from about 1953, one of the dim, green & fuzzy British made from girders type of oscilloscope...
            I've just thrown away a 1950's sound meter - it felt like it was made from cast iron. The only sounds it would have measured would have been the groans from the operator trying to hold it steady.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Anyone know where Bazza is today?

That's why it's been quiet...
              Haven't seen RichardCranium around in a while either - is he on holiday?
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Got one of those too, not that I've ever used it...

At one place, the Tech Director had bought an HP Logic Analyzer... I attempted to use it once, but on discovering the size of the manual, I put it back under the bench & used a different approach...

That bug caused a radio modem to drop (randomly) about 8 to 14 characters in every 100k or so.

It was caused by the interrupts being re-enabled one instruction too soon, which under the right circumstances caused the interrupts to stack up & corrupt the pointer to the serial receive buffer.

I fixed it & lo! we went bust within the week...

Comment

Yes, I'll have one of those too!

I've just thrown away a 1950's sound meter - it felt like it was made from cast iron. The only sounds it would have measured would have been the groans from the operator trying to hold it steady.
                  The first 'scope I bought was a Hartley 13A... ex-MOD... (actually ex-WD).

In fact, one of these:

http://www.thevalvepage.com/testeq/hartley/13a/13a.htm

It was so heavy that I needed two hands to pick it up, and the carrying handle used to leave impressions in my hands...

Comment

Haven't seen RichardCranium around in a while either - is he on holiday?
                    He posted last at the beginning of August... maybe it's his hols.

Comment

Good night all...

Comment

Working...
                      X