• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
    Morning

Quick question

I will be working at another location (same company) for an unspecified amount of time maybe 3 months

1) Does my 2 years claiming subsistence start again ?
    2) How long do i have to be there for my 2 years to start again in London

I know it sould be posted in General but as a favour to an old TPD'er can yu answer this please !!!
    It so happens I was ploughing through HMRC's online manual all about this last night

Basically, it doesn't matter if it's the same company - it's the journey that matters. If you have the expectation that more than 40% of your actual working time will be in the same location for longer than 24 months then that location becomes a permanent workplace and relief can no longer be claimed.

You need to start with the first link above, read it all, and pay particular attention to the examples - e.g. a lot of people on this board would be in for a very big shock if they read this one and fully grasp the implications of the sentence "The employee expects to work continuously in the City of London albeit on the premises of different banks", which means that she isn't entitled to travelling expenses even for the first 17 month contract.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 16 July 2008, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Thanks I still don't get why she did it... ......It just goes to prove that no matter how well you think you know someone you never really do.
      Harsh. Bloody hell Bumfluff, sorry to hear that, I really am. Damn good job you weren't married, but not really a comfort. Time will heal though, as others have said. I know it sounds like a cliché, I had people saying the same thing to me after a major bereavement and I didn't appreciate it at the time. True though. I think this:
      Originally posted by ControlG View Post
      I started to go swimming. I'd never tried it before other than messing about in the pool with the kids. First time I went I swam 70 lengths. Not sure where the energy came from and I'm not a fit person at all. I just seemed to have loads of energy. I now go 2-3 times a week and decided to set myself a target to swim one length for every day I was married. I said to myself when that is done I will 'relaunch' myself (total focus on the kids at the moment!). The people at the pool are pretty friendly too once you've been a couple of times so opens up other avenues there.

So I have 8602 lengths to swim (approx 125 miles). So far I've done just under 10% and I'm hoping I'll be done by next February.
      is a genius idea - exercise really does help, lifts the spirits - and is a lot better than drinking (too) regularly. My previous advice FWIW should've had more emphasis on a healthy social life.

Is there something hobby/sports-wise that you enjoy/enjoyed that you could get back into?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        IMO the clock starts again as it depends on Location not company. I reckon a month or more should do it
        Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I would say that your 2 years starts again as long as the distance is significant.
        Sorry folks - not correct, according to this example at HMRC.

Comment

Anyway, now that the tax advice is out of the way...

Morning denizens

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Harsh. Bloody hell Bumfluff, sorry to hear that, I really am. Damn good job you weren't married, but not really a comfort. Time will heal though, as others have said. I know it sounds like a cliché, I had people saying the same thing to me after a major bereavement and I didn't appreciate it at the time. True though. I think this:

is a genius idea - exercise really does help, lifts the spirits - and is a lot better than drinking (too) regularly. My previous advice FWIW should've had more emphasis on a healthy social life.

Is there something hobby/sports-wise that you enjoy/enjoyed that you could get back into?
            Yeah man I started running again alot after she went, just imagining I was stamping on her face , currently running about 50km-60km a week and it does make me feel alot better. Even with all the all the drinking and eating I've done I've still lost 1 stone 8lbs in weight, which I needed to do I'm now back at my offical 'pulling weight' Sorry to be crude but I feel a decent sh8g would make me feel alot better and will remind me that my ex wasnt all that

I honestly do recon she will regret it in time, but it will be too late then, even her mum called me to tell me that she was a stupied girl for doing it.

Comment

Yeah man I started running again alot after she went, just imagining I was stamping on her face , currently running about 50km-60km a week and it does make me feel alot better. Even with all the all the drinking and eating I've done I've still lost 1 stone 8lbs in weight, which I needed to do I'm now back at my offical 'pulling weight' Sorry to be crude but I feel a decent sh8g would make me feel alot better and will remind me that my ex wasnt all that

I honestly do recon she will regret it in time, but it will be too late then, even her mum called me to tell me that she was a stupied girl for doing it.
              I can assure you it will..... my sis split up with her b/f of 9 years in Aug last year. She is now so loved up it is vomit inducing.... I bet you in 6 months you will be a very happy chappie and ex g/f will be just a niggly memory.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

a decent sh8g would make me feel alot better
                her mum called me
                Do we have to spell it out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Do we have to spell it out for you?
                  Chimp
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Chimp
                    Bit lower dear... ah, that's the spot

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Bit lower dear... ah, that's the spot
                      You are so naughty - looking forward to seeing you on Friday
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X