• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My penis!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ethnic group do most NY cabbies fall under?
    West Africans who know less than 4 words of English? If you're a fan of the great "Taxi", you'll be sadly disappointed.

Comment

Nah mate - they're all sikhs.

Comment

around $10 or $15. I would go up the west side highway....

Comment

they're all sikhs
          Isn't that a bit of a sweeping generalisation? I don't remember that many Sikh cabbies. Most of the ones I've taken have been Africans. The charter thingy they have posted in the back says you're entitled to "an English speaking driver". I guess the Yanks haven't heard of irony...:rolleyes

Oh, and straight up 3rd Ave isn't it? Cost, not much, less than $10 if there's not too much traffic.
          Scrap that, 3rd is Grand Central. 8th or 9th Ave then. I'll get the hang of this one day...:rolleyes

Comment

Yeah it is a bit sweeping but it's as true as saying most delis are owned by Koreans - the sikhs have got the taxi market cornered in NY.

$10 would be about right, and you'd go straight up the west side highway and along 34 St - 3rd is on the other side.

Comment

Do I get a prize?

A Double Double shipped over from In and out burgers or some A1 would be nice!

Comment

Mrs de Gaulle

When Charles de Gaulle retired, his wife was asked by an English journalist what she was feeling.
                'appiness, she replied.

Comment

Working...
                X