• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cunning Acronyms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm reading the process flows for my new project () at the moment, and I've just found out the acronym that they are using for our team.
    Way back in a previous millennium, we developed a bespoke COTS system which we provisionally named Sales and Purchase Entry for Retailing Manufacturers. We got the name past management and sales but a potential customer worked it out in a pre-release demo and pointed it out. We NEARLY got it marketed by that name.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

While I was working for GPT they opened offices in France. When you say GPT in French it sounds exactly like the French for "I farted".

Comment

Any Red Dwarf fans? How about 'Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Any Red Dwarf fans? How about 'Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'
          Ah yes indeedy, but lets put that one on the back burner and hit them with a leaflet drop

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Way back in a previous millennium, we developed a bespoke COTS system which we provisionally named Sales and Purchase Entry for Retailing Manufacturers. We got the name past management and sales but a potential customer worked it out in a pre-release demo and pointed it out. We NEARLY got it marketed by that name.

Shame it didn't make it through, but for trying

Comment

MEATVAN

After "Marconi Elliott Automation..." I cannot remember what the rest stood for, but it was some sonar signal processing kit for submarines we developed in the 1970s.

Comment

My all time favourite is Cardiff University Netball Team.

More over the shirts and posters they handed out before freshers fayre.

That shall amuse me till the day I die.

Comment

One more FART- Fairfax Area Rapid Transit. It's quicker by FART.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Toyota run a VOM Information Technology team / project - VOMIT.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X