• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst injury you've had

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Not the worst, but once when I got a cricket ball in my meat and two veg, they were still a bit tender a couple of weeks later, so my doctor sent me for a scan.

It was carried out by TWO nurses at Hemel hospital, who took turns to rub jelly and that vibrator thingy all round the tender parts.

That's the only time I've ever contemplated Elton John's arse - it was the only way of controlling my nob.
    Was he there too?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
      Not the worst, but once when I got a cricket ball in my meat and two veg, they were still a bit tender a couple of weeks later, so my doctor sent me for a scan.

It was carried out by TWO male nurses at Hemel hospital, who took turns to rub jelly and that vibrator thingy all round the tender parts.

That's the only time I've ever contemplated Elton John's arse - it was the only way of controlling my nob.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Never broken a bone, but I do play lacrosse (think ice-hockey levels of contact, but on grass) and have suffered the following;

Bruised ribs
        Concussion
        Dislocated fingers
        Various dead arms/legs
        Bruised bollock (though I had cancer until the lump went down)
        Split tooth, subsequently extracted
        Ruined knee cartialage, which now forces me to exercise with a ridiculous contraption stabilising my patella.

Still play though.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Never broken a bone, but I do play lacrosse (think ice-hockey levels of contact, but on grass) and have suffered the following;

Bruised ribs
          Concussion
          Dislocated fingers
          Various dead arms/legs
          Bruised bollock (though I had cancer until the lump went down)
          Split tooth, subsequently extracted
          Ruined knee cartialage, which now forces me to exercise with a ridiculous contraption stabilising my patella.

Still play though.
          Have you considered Whist, instead?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

You may well laugh ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              Was he there too?
              Fair point - no thank god!

Comment

went into the pub with my dad about 30 years ago and saw this right old bruiser, broken nose, scars all over his head, busted lip etc.
                my dad said ' dont worry about HIM, worry about the b@stard who did it to him'

true really

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well, since this thread has been resurrected I'll add my own personal favourites.

Thumb snapped all the way back after putting my hands out to protect myself after coming off a motorbike and unfortunately my hands reaching the gutter first.

Fractured knee cap after hitting a car which pulled out, having accelerated a bit too quickly.

Various bits of skin burnt off after coming off on a corner while riding down a hill, a bit too quickly

Hand cut half open after not being able to make a corner (Embankment*), while on a motorbike, taking out a lamp-post in the process.

No doubt there's a common thread here somewhere...

* there's a limit as to how fast you can go round any curve.

Comment

Working...
                  X