• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst injury you've had

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst injury you've had

Just interested

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2344258.ece

Some good ones there,

Never been seriously injured playing sports, odd that, as I play rugby and footie on a regular basis. Suppose a bloody nose is the worst I have ever received (never forget the misses b-day! )
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Broken nose playing cricket 4 weeks before my wedding!!

Not the most painful but possibly the most serious!! (Didn't affect the photo's etc)

Comment

Just sporting or generally?

Comment

generally.

Nothing much here really. A few really nasty paper cuts.

Comment

Jumping over a bollard at primary school. Didn't quite jump high enough; foot got caught and I landed teeth first on the tarmac.
            Maybe not up there with getting your legs blown off - but then again, it happened to Me.

Comment

Double compound fracture on left arm. Nearly died in ambulance and when I got to hospital, they nearly cut my arm off.

I was onm my ZX9R and a JCB pulled out in front of me...I went slamming into the side at 40MPH...

Screws, plates, pins etc saved my arm and hand.....,.
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Cracked ribs while sparring, hurt like hell but didn't take any time off ;-)
                Took ages to heal aswell.

Recently fell down the stairs and broke two toes, had to take a day off for that to get it x-rayed. Still hobbling around the clients site, but at least I can now wear normal footwear. One toe was pointing in the wrong direction...

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
                  Some nasty stuff indeed, but I couldn't find my two, um, ?favourites.

First was that Olympic diver chap who cracked his head on the board.
                  Second is this poor lass (warning - no pictures, but still seriously grimaceworthy):
                  http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...dsports-01.asp

Comment

Erm, where to start...

Broken face (Cheekbone and eye socket) playing rugby - had to have maxillofacial surgery for that one.

Broken wrist ice skating.

Broken hand punching someone.

Small fracture of a vertebra in my neck after ploughing through a car window in a head-on car crash.

Broken tooth after being hugged by an enthusiastic friend.

Dislocated shoulder and sprained wrist after falling the length of a flight of stairs.

Broken toe - accident while inline skating.

Sure there are others - oh yes, the time I rollerbladed down a 1 in 4 incline and braked using a Land Rover, breaking a few ribs.

Broken nose playing lacrosse.

Plenty of minor injuries in hockey, athletics, and the memorable times when I broke a badminton racket over someone's head, and knocked my best mate's front teeth out in a lacrosse tackle.

I suppose the worst one was my face breaking - my tear duct swelled up like a balloon - quite disconcerting.

Comment

Working...
                    X