• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi - who moved my post !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi - who moved my post !

Ok - this should give everyone a laugh and the opportunity to abuse me but let's do it anyway. I am stuck in friendville with a girl at work. I am an average looking chap but have a big personality to compensate, this is an aquired taste though, I can be very sarcastic. Result is a bit of a marmite situation - women will really like me or really not but they always have an opinion !
    I am not the Duder and have had way more than my share of liaisons and a fair few knockbacks too - probably because I go after women who are a bit out of my league but I like the challenge.
    Anyway work birthday bash a few weeks ago - made a bee-line for very trim girl who I vaguely know and her equally fit friend. Ended up chatting to her/them for about 2 hours and they were lapping it up. I must admit I was enjoying it because there were loads of blokes around who were giving me daggers for boxing these 2 off.
    Anyway - put a bid in on the girl in question, unfortunately I was off my face by then and she was driving. She laughed it off and sent me an email on the monday (unprompted) saying she was seeing someone, thought I was a nice guy blah blah e.g. you are great but ugly so I will stay in touch as you amuse me but will never give you any sugar ie - stuck in the dreaded 'friend zone'
    I am chilled about that - didn't fancy my chances anyway so said how about lunch sometime.
    So we have just got back from lunch today - she turned up, obviously made an effort - hair done (she works with it tied back it was down), fresh lipstick etc - err why ?
    Lunch goes great - in between laughing, she tells me how her boyfriend barely says anything, is a bit odd etc. Obviously doing some comparisons !
    Get back and she says we must do it again about 5 times, the emails are flying etc.
    So - what to do now, leave it ? Arrange to go out again ? Casually mention a date with someone else (after all friends talk about this stuff) ?
    I realise this is as far as some of the geeks have ever got with a girl so they will be struggling to assist, so probably one for SA !
    Right - duck and cover !

I must be working too hard.

Comment

How fit is she?
      Call the cops

Comment

its in light relief
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

She must be such a nice girl if she does this to her b/f
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Trust me - you would, she is fine.

Bagpuss - girls always have boyfriends, she told me that, she is being friendly but not leading me on (unfortunately), presume you lock yours away in a burkha ?

Comment

Be direct, life is short, Say something like, "Look, I dont want to be too forward, lets cut to the chase, fancy a f**k?", If that doesnt work propose to her.

Comment

As you were.

What I mean is - you're coasting along quite happily at the moment, so go with the flow. What attracts her to you is the person you are and have been - and she's obviously enjoying your company so don't start changing anything now, and don't over analyse anything, just have fun!

Summer's around the corner, easy afternoons and long lunches await you. If she has a boyfriend and it wasn't just a line then be the gentleman and be relaxed about it - the friend with a twinkle in his eye. She'll know you fancy her and if the chemistry's there she'll make her own decisions about the boyfriend - he may be on the way out anyway.

Flirt and have mini dates by all means - try and keep the dynamic out of the neutered-just-friends thing or you'll end up in a situ lots of blokes have been in - fancying a girl who's oblivious or doesn't 'see him that way'. Keep your edge but don't be a game player - most right-headed girls will think 'w*nk*r' if you do.

HTH

Comment

Yeah - sounds about right RH - need to keep a bit of a flirt going on though, just can't work out my next move - can't be too keen.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                    Trust me - you would, she is fine.

Bagpuss - girls always have boyfriends, she told me that, she is being friendly but not leading me on (unfortunately), presume you lock yours away in a burkha ?
                    there are plenty of single women out there, some women just don't like being single and hence will go out with any scrote.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X