• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They are all lying to us!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all lying to us!

Manufacturers reveal 'close door' buttons on elevators make no difference | Daily Mail Online

The 'close door' button on your elevator is a scam! Manufacturers reveal buttons make no difference
    The close button in an elevator has been obsolete since the 1990s
    This suggests those installed are fake and do not close the doors faster
    This is true for crosswalks in New York City and some office thermostats
    Experts say these placebo mechanism promote the illusion of control
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

This is definately not true, in my lift at the flat here (Denmark) if you don't press it nowt happens for ages, when you do, it all happens and I get in the flat well earlier!

Very useful if I'm dying for a wank.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      This is definately not true, in my lift at the flat here (Denmark) if you don't press it nowt happens for ages, when you do, it all happens and I get in the flat well earlier!

I hope the lift doesn't have CCTV.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Probably more useful to others in that situation.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Has anyone ever had any luck with this button....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Has anyone ever had any luck with this button....?

Hope you wash your hands after touching that
            "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Working...
            X