• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Fairies make you stupid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Fairies make you stupid

Religious people understand the world less, study suggests | The Independent

explains a lot about some posters

Religious people are more likely to have a poorer understanding of the world and are more likely to believe objects like rocks and paper have human qualities, scientists say.

Researchers at the University of Helsinki compared believers in God or the paranormal to people with autism after finding they tend to struggle to understand the realities of the world around us.

Religious beliefs were linked with a weaker ability to understand physical and biological phenomenon such as volcanoes, flowers, rocks and wind without giving them human qualities.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    explains a lot about some posters
    It does. But what's your excuse?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

3000 years ago Italians worshipped many gods. They now worship one. At least they're moving in the right direction.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It does. But what's your excuse?
        can't argue with science,

oh sorry I forgot!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

objects like rocks and paper have human qualities
          Quite right. I never use bog paper without thanking it afterwards.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X