• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Works For Beer View Post
    In case it helps anyone
    It does, thanks for the post

Comment

So as part of a new role I've been asked to complete the following:

* Candidate Registration Form
      * CV for the past 10 years any gaps over 28 days in your CV history will need to be covered by a personal referee
      * Verified copy of a passport
      * Verified copy of address
      * Onboarding forms inc basic disclosure certificate
      * Tax Assurance Forms
      * Accepted and signed T&C's
      * Copies of the following documents:
      Certificate of Incorporation
      VAT Certificate (if applicable)
      Proof of insurance

...and they wonder why people are deciding to stay in the private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
        So as part of a new role I've been asked to complete the following:

* Candidate Registration Form
        * CV for the past 10 years any gaps over 28 days in your CV history will need to be covered by a personal referee
        * Verified copy of a passport
        * Verified copy of address
        * Onboarding forms inc basic disclosure certificate
        * Tax Assurance Forms
        * Accepted and signed T&C's
        * Copies of the following documents:
        Certificate of Incorporation
        VAT Certificate (if applicable)
        Proof of insurance

...and they wonder why people are deciding to stay in the private sector.
        The only bit of that thats really different to an opted in contract in the private sector are the tax assurance forms which are the end result of the BET nonsense.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          The only bit of that thats really different to an opted in contract in the private sector are the tax assurance forms which are the end result of the BET nonsense.
          Challenged the completion of these as not being something an agent should be concerned with and was told

The HMRC Entity Test questions is part of the acceptance to the role.
          The requirement is made by the CCS (Crown Commercial Services) who are in charge of the new CL ONE Framework and you will need to return a completed copy along with all other documentation
          I'll be speaking with QDOS but it feels wrong the agency doing HMRC's donkey work by getting contractors to complete what are in effect self guidance test questions.

Comment

Challenged the completion of these as not being something an agent should be concerned with and was told

I'll be speaking with QDOS but it feels wrong the agency doing HMRC's donkey work by getting contractors to complete what are in effect self guidance test questions.
            You'd end up getting the forms from the client dept. at some point anyway. HMRC don't manage them directly and it;s actually a Treasury requirement that they be completed. Treasury have imposed them on the hiring depts. who then have to issue and collect them and either accept the answers or ask for more details. All the agency are doing is passing on the form from the client. If you can make a reasonable stab at proving to the hiring dept. you are low risk on the tests then it's highly unlikely that anyone else is going to ask too many questions.

I can't say for certain for all depts. but certainly the ones I've dealt with have not had any training or direction on handling this and will just look for a Low score and a contract review that says you are outside IR35 from any of the usual suspects. It's become just another box ticking exercise.

Comment

So just a case of getting low on the BET's then

If only the current client wouldn't pay one of my invoices

Comment

So just a case of getting low on the BET's then

If only the current client wouldn't pay one of my invoices
                Not even that. Typo in the last post, it should have said get a Low score OR a contract review that puts you outside IR35.

Comment

Not even that. Typo in the last post, it should have said get a Low score OR a contract review that puts you outside IR35.
                  Actually you would want a high score on the BETs. Not that they are even vaguely realistic or have any legal standing or are any kind of an indicator as to your IR35 status of course...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I've thrown all the paperwork QDOS way and I'll see what they come back with. As malvolio says I'd need a high score on the tests but I think I fall just outside the low risk group so would need something sending with the results to confirm IR35 status.

Comment

All of which flies in the face of government dogma towards "off payroll" contractors and paying "fairshare " of tax.

Its my opinion anyone depending of such contracts, documentation and qdos et Al's statement that you won't be within IR35 on any public sector contract, should put the money aside for any retrospective action and change of interpretation by future government.

I've learnt the hard way through BN66.

I'd still recommend anyone stays well away from public sector contracts especially within government departments.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X