• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insider IR35 Client cover the cost cost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insider IR35 Client cover the cost cost

Hi All

The more I read about IR35 the more it becomes a bit more confusing.

I have been approached with 2 different roles (both 6 months and paying exact same day rate) £550

Role 1 is on a PAYE basis, where the client will cover the cost of the employer (NI, Client Pension contribution, Apprenticeship Levy) on top of the day rate.

Role 2 is on a contract basis, as of now it's deemed outside of IR35, but coming towards April, the circumstance could change and I also read in the clause, that if such change where to happen, then the client will make the appropriate deduction, meaning cutting into the day rate.

My inclination is that the second role is better mainly because everything is already stated and client is paying the cost.

Is this correct.

Ultimately I am just trying to figure which one is more financially viable.

Thanks in advance

Don't you mean the first (PAYE) one not the second one
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

£550 a day plus 15% or so costs covered against £550 a day to you less about 20% deductions that are not actually your liability?

Alternatively, the first company are being honest, the second have no idea what they're doing.

I know which I would prefer.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's not a bad assumption that if the second client doesn't know what they are doing six weeks before the deadline then it's almost certainly going inside as is it the quickest way to remove the risk of them.

So look at both gigs as inside now and do the maths.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X