• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

IR35 / Experis

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    IR35 / Experis

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm new to this and sorry if this is covered all over the place.

    Like every contractor (certainly most), I'm now on the verge of heading Inside IR35 with Experis (Sky) from April 6th bar a last minute miracle by HMRC (lol).

    I've done so much research and had advice but nothing 'concrete'. I always get the 'it depends on your situation' answer.

    Anyway, I have 3 options with my current contract. Leave. Carry on via PSC or go via 3 recommended umbrella firms (PayStream, Giant, Advance).

    My previous day rate Outside IR35 was £600PD, my Gross pay rate from 6th April will be £530. Experis are saying then tax, NI will be deducted at source from that £530 figure.

    Can anyone advise a weekly net rate? I've worked out about £1500pw?

    Also - am I better off continuing via my PSC (likely scenario is contract extension another 3-4 months to summer) or go via one of the brollies I've mentioned? I know brollies there are so called 'rights'...

    Thanks so much guys,

    #2
    Originally posted by mwounder View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    I'm new to this and sorry if this is covered all over the place.

    Like every contractor (certainly most), I'm now on the verge of heading Inside IR35 with Experis (Sky) from April 6th bar a last minute miracle by HMRC (lol).

    I've done so much research and had advice but nothing 'concrete'. I always get the 'it depends on your situation' answer.

    Anyway, I have 3 options with my current contract. Leave. Carry on via PSC or go via 3 recommended umbrella firms (PayStream, Giant, Advance).

    My previous day rate Outside IR35 was £600PD, my Gross pay rate from 6th April will be £530. Experis are saying then tax, NI will be deducted at source from that £530 figure.

    Can anyone advise a weekly net rate? I've worked out about £1500pw?

    Also - am I better off continuing via my PSC (likely scenario is contract extension another 3-4 months to summer) or go via one of the brollies I've mentioned? I know brollies there are so called 'rights'...

    Thanks so much guys,
    If you had bothered doing the basic of research

    You will have 53% of you gross rate

    Also if they are saying you are inside IR35 after April you have allways been inside IR35 - hence lube up for retro from HMRC


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

    Comment


      #3
      You are forgetting to calculate the tax you'll owe plus fines when HMRC come after you. If the client says you are inside after April then you were inside all along so haven't been paying HMRC what you should. Its a slam dunk case so you will be at the top of HMRCs hit list.

      Originally posted by mwounder View Post
      Anyway, I have 1 option with my current contract. Leave.
      FTFY
      Last edited by northernladuk; 10 February 2021, 09:43.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        I have a brand new contract reflecting the changes to avoid that. Haven't HRMC already said the below...?

        ‘The reform is not retrospective – as it has in the public sector HMRC will focus its efforts on ensuring businesses comply with the reform rather than focusing on historic cases.’
        ‘HMRC will not carry out targeted campaigns into previous years when individuals start paying employment taxes under IR35 for the first time following the reform and businesses’ decisions about whether their workers are within the rules will not automatically trigger an enquiry into earlier years.’

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mwounder View Post
          I have a brand new contract reflecting the changes to avoid that. Haven't HRMC already said the below...?

          ‘The reform is not retrospective – as it has in the public sector HMRC will focus its efforts on ensuring businesses comply with the reform rather than focusing on historic cases.’
          ‘HMRC will not carry out targeted campaigns into previous years when individuals start paying employment taxes under IR35 for the first time following the reform and businesses’ decisions about whether their workers are within the rules will not automatically trigger an enquiry into earlier years.’
          That depends how much you trust HMRC and what they will do when a request to find an extra few £bn is made.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            #6
            HMRC's statement is not legally binding.

            It's similar to when Boris and Gove make disingenuous statements, and go back on their Election Manifesto promises. Remember what they said about IR35 in the pre-election statements?
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

            Comment


              #7
              Also, regardless of targeted campaigns, you were probably inside and are, therefore, stuffed if they find you during their ordinary course of business.

              Comment


                #8
                I do indeed. Good old Tories ....

                I need to clearly speak to more people on this...I've got a week or so. The market will be so flooded soon with these changes so with a new contract it sounds like If I stay I go via Umbrella...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mwounder View Post
                  I do indeed. Good old Tories ....

                  I need to clearly speak to more people on this...I've got a week or so. The market will be so flooded soon with these changes so with a new contract it sounds like If I stay I go via Umbrella...
                  How does that solve your historic issues?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mwounder View Post
                    I do indeed. Good old Tories ....

                    I need to clearly speak to more people on this...I've got a week or so. The market will be so flooded soon with these changes so with a new contract it sounds like If I stay I go via Umbrella...
                    It will be flooded and many other people will be leaving to avoid the risk so I'm hoping there will be a lot of gigs around. Remember many people will have to leave as they have considerable expenses so have no choice. Could be just a merry go round of people swapping gigs rather than a wasteland of no chance of getting work. I'm guessing the market could be more bouyant with roles to fill during March and April that normal. But I also admit I could be a bit overly pessimistic. It will depend if permatractors like yourself can do the right thing and leave or just carry on regardless as you were never really an outside contractor.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X