• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£750 a day inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£750 a day inside

Just had a potential role presented to me- not at interview stage yet but been informed...

Rate is £750 inside IR35 through an Umbrella - would give a net day rate after NIC and PAYE contributions of circa £350

This is a worst case figure and likely higher once tax codes and allowances are factored in – probably closer to £390-400

---

Anyone on a similar rate now and willing to share their net per day please?

I was contacted about a £650 a day role (inside) last week. This was based in Glasgow and for a role that's (historically) been £450-£550 outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      I was contacted about a £650 a day role (inside) last week. This was based in Glasgow and for a role that's (historically) been £450-£550 outside.
      Ahhh Clydesdale bank

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Ahhh Clydesdale bank
        Nope, was Public Sector.

Comment

Originally posted by tsmith View Post
          Just had a potential role presented to me- not at interview stage yet but been informed...

Rate is £750 inside IR35 through an Umbrella - would give a net day rate after NIC and PAYE contributions of circa £350

This is a worst case figure and likely higher once tax codes and allowances are factored in – probably closer to £390-400

---

Through an umbrella isn't "inside IR35". An ordinary PAYE calculator based on an assumed number of days per year should work fine. But, yes, 350 sounds about right with ErNI + App. Levy.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Through an umbrella isn't "inside IR35". An ordinary PAYE calculator based on an assumed number of days per year should work fine. But, yes, 350 sounds about right with ErNI + App. Levy.
            Forgive me if this is a stupid question. That £350 goes straight in the pocket doesn't it? I guess you could put some aside for the bench, and sickness and pension, but no corporate tax or VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              Forgive me if this is a stupid question. That £350 goes straight in the pocket doesn't it? I guess you could put some aside for the bench, and sickness and pension, but no corporate tax or VAT?
              Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by tsmith View Post

---

Contractor Take Home Pay & Expenses Calculator | Parasol

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  Well yes, it is a stupid question, you're supposed to know these kinds of basics

Anyway, it is net pay to you personally. Which means any pension funding is coming out of your taxed income, as are any travel and subsistence expenses. And you can only reclaim the tax on your pension contributions via self assessment.

CT and VAT would not be your concern. You are, when all is said and done, an employee with no employment rights. That is the real crime here.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Was offered a Public Sector role in Newcastle for £450 inside - I worked on the project last year for £400 outside. I declined the offer.
                    Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Working...
                    X