• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 determination - EY Confirm Tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qdos IR35 Tool

My current client has engaged Qdos to carry out the IR35 review instead of using CEST.
    Each contractor will need to answer the Qdos Questionnaire, client to review & accept.
    Qdos will provide inside IR35 or outside engagement, Client/Qdos to issue SDS.

Each contractor will need to pay Qdos for the contract review.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy View Post
      My current client has engaged Qdos to carry out the IR35 review instead of using CEST.
      Each contractor will need to answer the Qdos Questionnaire, client to review & accept.
      Qdos will provide inside IR35 or outside engagement, Client/Qdos to issue SDS.

Each contractor will need to pay Qdos for the contract review.
      Some questions;

1. In which sector is your client?
      2. Presumably at this stage it is a contract review. Working practices to be considered, or factored in at all?
      3. What made your client consider at all the option of using anything But the CessPool? Am very encouraged that they are thinking outside the HMRC box.

Thanks.

Comment

Sector : Oil & Gas Engineering

1. In which sector is your client? - Oil & Gas
        2. Presumably at this stage it is a contract review. Working practices to be considered, or factored in at all?
        Both Contract & working practices reviewed. The process is :
        - Role Review, Qdos questions answered by client project manager
        - Working practices review, 42 Qdos questions answered by Contractor

3. What made your client consider at all the option of using anything But the CessPool? Am very encouraged that they are thinking outside the HMRC box.
        Client is dependant on flexible workforce as client has a long term engineering & operations support contract with their customer, however the client or the contractors don't have guaranteed work, hours can vary from 20 - 45 hours per week based on deadlines and approved hours for each project. Client needs the contractors for the fluctuating work load.

I hear most of the Oil and Gas engineering companies are following the above approach. The Oil and Gas Operating companies are following or likely to follow the financial sector with no direct contractors next year.

Comment

Just heard that Client Co. have been persuaded not to use CEST and are planning on using the EY Confirm tool

Anyone had any experience with this since the OP?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

IR35 determination - EY Confirm Tool

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Just heard that Client Co. have been persuaded not to use CEST and are planning on using the EY Confirm tool

Anyone had any experience with this since the OP?
            Yes everyone is ruled inside, some people leave, leavers are replace by EY staff at double your rate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Yes everyone is ruled inside, some people leave, leavers are replace by EY staff at double your rate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              OK, anyone got any useful experience, bearing in mind this is one of the "professional" forums?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                OK, anyone got any useful experience, bearing in mind this is one of the "professional" forums?
                No particular insight but, for anyone that does know, I'd be curious about whether this assessment is personalised or "role based" and who is using the tool. If the former, and it's being run by QDOS, that's a good start. However, if it's simply a QDOS tool being completed by EY "status experts" or it's a role based assessment, then it's probably no better than CEST.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  No particular insight but, for anyone that does know, I'd be curious about whether this assessment is personalised or "role based" and who is using the tool. If the former, and it's being run by QDOS, that's a good start. However, if it's simply a QDOS tool being completed by EY "status experts" or it's a role based assessment, then it's probably no better than CEST.
                  From what I've seen it's down to the individual contractors to complete, although the wording isn't completely clear. It's described as a "software tool" provided by EY. No signs of anyone else being involved.

I was hoping someone would have already used it and could give an indication of the kind of questions asked or information considered. If it includes MoO then it's a step up from the CEST.

Comment

Hmmm. Sounds like QDOS is a false steer then.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Hmmm. Sounds like QDOS is a false steer then.
                      Yeah. It's definitely an EY product.

Trying to get a look at it through back channels atm. Have strongly suggested they look at the QDOS tool as an alternative.

Comment

Working...
                      X