• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blanket decisions of inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
    The irony - today I got a call from a contractor within HMRC saying they had made the blanket decision for inside too
    Yep. HMRC's digital transformation guys declared all contractors inside last Monday. They're losing a lot of talented people.

Comment

Originally posted by marius123 View Post
      Yep. HMRC's digital transformation guys declared all contractors inside last Monday. They're losing a lot of talented quislings.
      FTFY

Comment

We've just had a trust refuse to deal with PSC's to be fair the first we had.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

A little panic in this last week is what we are seeing at this moment in time

Comment

Capita

All contracts ended by capita then any renewal by umbrella only - sort of blanket decision, but not.?...

Comment

Similar situation, one agency terminated all contracts on the 19th and restarted as an umbrella on 20th stating

'In some cases PSC’s, whether paid gross or net will not be allowed in the supply chain'

I guess you don't need to take "reasonable care" if you just ban PSC's.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                We've just had a trust refuse to deal with PSC's to be fair the first we had.
                Is that despite you trying to educate them?

They do realise it will be cheaper for them to take outside IR35 PSCs on, don't they?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Are we seeing a similar situation to that in the 70s where a rule\legislation (I'm unclear on the details) was introduced which effectively meant trading as a sole trader via an agent became impossible as they insisted on Ltd?

Comment

Originally posted by LoughriggFell View Post
                    I guess you don't need to take "reasonable care" if you just ban PSC's.
                    Right. If a PSB is looking to make a blanket inside determination, or an agency is looking to avoid any risk, this is how they will/should to it, mechanically, given the new reasonable care provision.

Comment

Just talking to a former contractor colleague at an NHS Trust.

He pointed out that the legislation has a due care clause which doesn't allow them to blanket review the roles, which is what they previously did (i.e. all inside IR35). He is outside IR35 now.

Comment

Working...
                      X