• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 in PS gets reported in the media...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yet they're still targeting the wrong people - clients get off the hook without paying business NICs whatever approach they ramp up.
    That's what the unions are fighting for.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yet they're still targeting the wrong people - clients get off the hook without paying business NICs whatever approach they ramp up.
      Lucy posted a comment on linkedin about the unite union article - and the more I think about it the more I think unite is right.

For supply teachers the deal used to be £140 a day - paid by agency / school as PAYE.
      Now its £150-160 a day (if lucky) paid via umbrella.

What it should be is still advertised at £140 a day. The Umbrella fees and employers NI shouldn't be being included in the advertised total (they aren't when you advertise a salary) and they should never been seen by the supply teacher...

I wonder if the correct approach would be for unison to continually complain to the advertising standards board and for legislation that states that umbrella fees and employers NI should be paid by the employer....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Lucy posted a comment on linkedin about the unite union article - and the more I think about it the more I think unite is right.

For supply teachers the deal used to be £140 a day - paid by agency / school as PAYE.
        Now its £150-160 a day (if lucky) paid via umbrella.

What it should be is still advertised at £140 a day. The Umbrella fees and employers NI shouldn't be being included in the advertised total (they aren't when you advertise a salary) and they should never been seen by the supply teacher...

I wonder if the correct approach would be for unison to continually complain to the advertising standards board and for legislation that states that umbrella fees and employers NI should be paid by the employer....
        Think about that in the contract market for a second....

It would be glorious, but would those figures ever get seen?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Chasing the little people when the big corporates and super wealthy avoid huge amounts of tax.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Chasing the little people when the big corporates and super wealthy avoid huge amounts of tax.
            It's easier, quicker and lets people feel important when they inform on their neighbours.

Comment

Think about that in the contract market for a second....

It would be glorious, but would those figures ever get seen?
              The issue always boils down to the fact we are similar (but significantly different) to others.

Hence agencies use the things we like (gross pay advertisements) to abuse their position in the market to advertise higher rates of pay that a supply teacher will never actually see. Said supply teacher goes joins the books of the agency offering the higher pay rate and is then trapped by t&cs and umbrella fees that encourage you to stay...

The way we work means that other agencies are using our working methods and are tricking other people into using them. That is really at least half the reason for the current crack down.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X