• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 PS - So anyone had the discussion yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 PS - So anyone had the discussion yet?

Those of us with some involvement with PS.....

I've advised both agency and consultancy (who I work through at their PS client site) that something needs to be sorted. They've mentioned extension (luckily current one ends end Feb which is ideal) but I've said until its sorted its a no.

Trouble is both agency and client seem totally clueless. Even more so fellow contractors I work with. Of course, most dont even seem to realise it applies to work PAID in April either.

Can see a lot of people sleepwalking into this and then it all going pete tong to be honest...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Nope the few I know who understand what is about to happen have already made plans to leave.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Those of us with some involvement with PS.....

I've advised both agency and consultancy (who I work through at their PS client site) that something needs to be sorted. They've mentioned extension (luckily current one ends end Feb which is ideal) but I've said until its sorted its a no.

Trouble is both agency and client seem totally clueless. Even more so fellow contractors I work with. Of course, most dont even seem to realise it applies to work PAID in April either.

Can see a lot of people sleepwalking into this and then it all going pete tong to be honest...
      If that's the case then they probably deserve it, far too many contractors actually have no idea of what's going on. I had to explain to a guy at my last gig that he shouldn't claim any expenses when he was given an extension that took him over 24 months he was clueless
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Nope the few I know who understand what is about to happen have already made plans to leave.
        As have I - at the moment I am assuming I am leaving at end Feb.

Local client manager here is flapping a bit about that but, like I said, no-one else seems interested.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          If that's the case then they probably deserve it, far too many contractors actually have no idea of what's going on. I had to explain to a guy at my last gig that he shouldn't claim any expenses when he was given an extension that took him over 24 months he was clueless
          Yep got guys here who've been here 3 years and still claiming expenses. Never heard of IR35 either.

I keep going on about joining IPSE but they say its too expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yep got guys here who've been here 3 years and still claiming expenses. Never heard of IR35 either.

I keep going on about joining IPSE but they say its too expensive!
            They are part of the reason that contractors get a bad name, you'd think there would be a way to pick them up for claiming expenses for that long.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Currently at a large Government department in Westminster

And yesterday a mail came out regarding our annual review of our working practices.

This year the contractors only needs to answer 6 question out of 30 and the head of department answers the remaining.

Will be interesting to see what happens and what these Qs are.

My contract ends April 5th, 1 week billing so will be ending it mid March.

Comment

I'm out of here next Friday. Was offered 6 month extension but we've had an email stating we will all be inside from April.

I think the most frightening thing coming out of all this is how clueless the majority of contractors are and how the agencies/clients don't understand a word of it either. What the hell is going to happen come April I just don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
                  And yesterday a mail came out regarding our annual review of our working practices.

This year the contractors only needs to answer 6 question out of 30 and the head of department answers the remaining.

Will be interesting to see what happens and what these Qs are.

My contract ends April 5th, 1 week billing so will be ending it mid March.
                  Assume you have a notice period then?

Wonder how many people are in contracts which run over so cant get out of (easily)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
                    I'm out of here next Friday. Was offered 6 month extension but we've had an email stating we will all be inside from April.

I think the most frightening thing coming out of all this is how clueless the majority of contractors are and how the agencies/clients don't understand a word of it either. What the hell is going to happen come April I just don't know
                    Least they were honest about it - then its yes or no from you.

Comment

Working...
                    X