• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 PS - So anyone had the discussion yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breaktwister View Post
    I see from another post that MSC where banned in 2000 - sorry but I don't know much about that, there is a steep learning curve of decades of employment laws, tax laws, stupid schemes HMRC have tried in the past etc. All you had to do was say in the other post "That is an MSC and they were banned", but of course you rather just spit out abuse.
    The legislation removing the tax advantages of an MSC was announced in December 2006 and introduced in 2007.

I don't see your suggestion as being akin to an MSC, though.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      But if you are inside IR35 you can't charge VAT. (I may be wrong about this)

If you are outside you can.

So surely HMRC is losing VAT?
      If you are operating through a ltd company, and are VAT registered, you need to add VAT whether or not you are IR35 caught. One of the examples covers this.

Comment

How about substitution ? Locum doctors are working anyway under "substitution" as in for example if unable to go to work your agency would send someonelse. So with with a legal substitution contract should be outside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by Moumunne View Post
          How about substitution ? Locum doctors are working anyway under "substitution" as in for example if unable to go to work your agency would send someonelse. So with with a legal substitution contract should be outside IR35
          That's temping which should automatically put you inside. I'd suggest you go read up what substitution is. Plenty of articles on Google.

Try not to duplicate the question as well please.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X