• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Another

http://www.taxation.co.uk/taxation/a...9/lucky-leaver

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
      Am not a lawyer but unless the scheme had FX loans and FX never existed no one else should be affect. HMRC is advertising and trying to scare all loan scheme users. If EBT loan scheme has be to compared than Rangers should be a recent decision where HMRC lost. As I have said before all related should read the Rangers and Boyles decisions. Even the only Judge who gave a decisions agains Rangers (2 were in favour of Rangers) made some interesting remarks.

Read the decisions yourself and make your opinion - take my view with a heap of salt and not a pinch
      Please forward link to decision and commentary by judges

Comment

Representation group

I am also an ex-Edge employee and have received the HMRC Notice

I am interested in joining the "joint representation" group.

Admin: Can you please assign me PM rights

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ramzanamin View Post
          Please forward link to decision and commentary by judges
          Google and you will find what you need.

Murray Group Holdings & Ors v Revenue & Customs [2012] UKFTT 692 (TC) (29 October 2012)
          The Finance & Tax Tribunal

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
            See the following issued yesterday:

HM Revenue & Customs: Tackling tax avoidance: Spotlights

PM me for free initial advice on how this might affect your case.
            Michael did My Boyle used an EBT at all? How can HMRC connect this to an EBT?

Comment

HMRC Notice

I am also an ex-Edge employee and have received the HMRC Notice and I'm interested in joining the "joint representation" group.

Admin: please can you provide me with PM rights

Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by Godfrey View Post
                I am also an ex-Edge employee and have received the HMRC Notice and I'm interested in joining the "joint representation" group.

Admin: please can you provide me with PM rights

Thanks......
                Which group?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
                  Which group?
                  I'm also an ex-Edge employee that was using EBTs for several years - I'm very interested in joining TheDandy's group.
                  Can admin please give me PM permissions.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I'm also an ex-Edge employee that was using EBTs for some months in 2010 and I'm very interested in joining TheDandy's group.
                    Can admin please give me PM permissions.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Still a tad baffled as to why still 2 separate groups. If no joining of numbers it'd at least be good to know why.

And Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                      X