• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested in how it pans out too. I've never used a scheme and personally wouldn't; but have been interested in how the general attack has been progressing over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
      I am a bn66er but will also caught when the ebt loan scheme unravels with montpelier ... I have to say this thread is very interesting so will be sad to see you folks go private.

if you could do the odd summary for the rest of us bystanders I for one would be very grateful.

CPBWRN
      Do you summarise your NTRT newsletters for the world and their wives to read?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Do you summarise your NTRT newsletters for the world and their wives to read?
        in all fairness our thread is wide open and we never went private .... means that CUK get plenty of air play ...(is our thread not the high water mark for F5's when the court case was on ??)

i think that was my point .. if the edge folks went private then this thread could come to a grinding halt (as some of the others have) ... the bn66 one gets regular updates and Santa/DR and folks give the regular key notes for any late comers. ....there are always people coming out of the woodwork.

Comment

in all fairness our thread is wide open and we never went private .... means that CUK get plenty of air play ...(is our thread not the high water mark for F5's when the court case was on ??)

i think that was my point .. if the edge folks went private then this thread could come to a grinding halt (as some of the others have) ... the bn66 one gets regular updates and Santa/DR and folks give the regular key notes for any late comers. ....there are always people coming out of the woodwork.
          The BN66 thread is different. Montpelier doesn't come after CUK with lawyers trying to remove it*.

HMRC aren't the only ones reading these threads...

(*Not Edge in this instance, admittedly.)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

representation group

I am also an ex-Edge employee and received the HMRC Notice

I am interested in joining the "joint representation" group.

Admin: Can you please assign me PM rights

Many thanks

<admin note>PM rights granted</admin>

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              I am also an ex-Edge employee and received the HMRC Notice

I am interested in joining the "joint representation" group.

Admin: Can you please assign me PM rights

Many thanks

<admin note>PM rights granted</admin>
              And another! Pm rights for me too please admin.

Comment

HMRC issue a new Spotlights statement on 27 December 2013

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
                Michael would really appreciate and will help a lot of people if you can explain how My Boyle's affects an EBT case. Is Ranger's case not more related to EBT's?
                See the following issued yesterday:

HM Revenue & Customs: Tackling tax avoidance: Spotlights

PM me for free initial advice on how this might affect your case.

Comment

No-one is going underground, the point I was making is we shouldn't be discussing the particulars of our case and potential approaches in public. If you want to discuss details join one of the 2 groups

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
                    See the following issued yesterday:

HM Revenue & Customs: Tackling tax avoidance: Spotlights

PM me for free initial advice on how this might affect your case.
                    Am not a lawyer but unless the scheme had FX loans and FX never existed no one else should be affect. HMRC is advertising and trying to scare all loan scheme users. If EBT loan scheme has be to compared than Rangers should be a recent decision where HMRC lost. As I have said before all related should read the Rangers and Boyles decisions. Even the only Judge who gave a decisions agains Rangers (2 were in favour of Rangers) made some interesting remarks.

Read the decisions yourself and make your opinion - take my view with a heap of salt and not a pinch

Comment

Very Interesting

https://www.kpmg.com/US/en/IssuesAnd...12-166-sep.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X