• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
    The only reason i asked is that hmrc lost their case against Rangers FC, did they not?.
    It depends on your definition of lose. There are elements of the judgement that could be helpful for some scheme users.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      It depends on your definition of lose. There are elements of the judgement that could be helpful for some scheme users.
      Even with a very loose definition, it's quite a stretch!
      (Unless we are now in a full blown 1984-esque world, where war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength and Rangers losing is Rangers winning...)
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Representations

Hi .. a bit late to the party here ..
        Out of Fios Ktd, BIG GROUP or RPC .. which one?
        How do I gain any comments or experience of these firms?

Comment

Originally posted by killerbackhand View Post
          Hi .. a bit late to the party here ..
          Out of Fios Ktd, BIG GROUP or RPC .. which one?
          How do I gain any comments or experience of these firms?
          Hey backhand,
          It's a bit a case of comparing apples and oranges.
          First, BG doesn't do representations. WTT consulting does. WTT happens to be the administrator of BG, but BG is a different thing.
          People we've been talking to have been happy with WTT's rep service and found it to be value for money..
          RPC we understand are handling litigation and JR proceedings for a couple scheme operators - not sure about their representation service, if they offer one.
          Cannot comment on Fios.
          If you are in need of a representation, whoever you chose for that, we recommend you join BG for the long run. The group is starting to have serious traction and numbers. Good time to join the party.
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Edge DOTAS No?

Anyone any idea of the Edge DOTAS or SRN Numbers?

[thought this thread needed a bit of activity to get it back on page one]

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post

[thought this thread needed a bit of activity to get it back on page one]
              Oh, I'm sure that there's a lot of activity, just not on this public forum.

You'll need to go elsewhere in order to get back to page one...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Contacting The Trustees

Hi

Im thinking of trying to contact the edge trustees and was wondering if anyone has progressed this? Any advise? PM's would be great

Thanks

Comment

Revised APN settled, but whats next ...?

didn't think it would come, but received a revised APN which i submitted a representation some four or so months ago.

came in 30k less so not bad.

was wondering what to expect next as i'm not part of a group (yet)
                  Last edited by IPMAN; 10 February 2016, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
                    didn't think it would come, but received a revised APN which i submitted a representation some four or so months ago.

came in 30k less so not bad.

was wondering what to expect next as i'm not part of a group (yet)
                    If you were in a scheme post 2010/11 then you can expect discovery assessments and enquiries.

If not, then any pre 2011 scheme will be advancing towards litigation. HMRC control the pace here and they will be sure to pick the worst example (and they will be spoilt for choice) to be first in the litigation slot.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Has anyone received a letter suggesting settlement post-CLSO and requests for documentation and information:

Snippet (letter dated 3 Feb, received yesterday):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "Edge Consulting/Limited/Edge Consulting Limited Employee Benefit Trust

The Contractor Loan Settlement Opportunity ended on 30 June 2015. My records show that you chose not to contact HMRC under the opportunity. However, you can still settle matters by agreement and if now wish to discuss this please call me on 03000 568646 or e mail me using our mailbox address [email protected] if you prefer.

If you choose not to resolve matters in this way, please read the remainder of this letter and the enclosed schedule. It sets out what I now need to complete the checks of your tax position and to progress matters towards possible litigation.

As you are aware, HMRC has opened an enquiry into your tax return for XXXX. In addition there are also an open appeal against an assessment for XXXX.

HMRC issued an accelerated payment notices on XXXX 2015 for XXXX and XXXX in respect of potential liabilities arising from your participation in this scheme. Any payment(s) you have made in respect of these notices would effectively be a payment on account of tax for years XXXX and XXXX. Please note it would not finalise the matter. There remains an open enquiry for XXXX and an open appeal against an assessment for XXXX, which now need to be concluded. In order to do this I shall now require more documents and information about your personal participation in this arrangement.

Request to produce documents and provide information

Details of what I require to check your tax position for the years XXXX and XXXX are contained in the attached Schedule

Please provide a full response by 28 March 2016.

if you do not comply with this informal request, I will consider taking formal action to progress my enquiries. This may include issuing a formal notice to provide information and produce documents.

Please note that you could become liable to a penalty if you conceal, destroy or otherwise dispose of, or arrange for the concealment, destruction or disposal of, any documents listed below which is likely to be the subject of an information notice.

If you feel that you cannot respond to this request, or to any part of it, for any reason, or that you may need more time, please contact me as soon as possible on 03000 568646. Please also do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions or do not understand any part of this letter.

Whichever method you choose to contact us about this check, you need to quote the case reference XXXXXX and in any other references shown above. If you write you need to use the address shown above. If you send documents you must tell us if you want them returned as we may securely destroy then after 90 days.

Yours sincerely

Ian Henderson
                      Counter Avoidance Technical Team
                      "
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X