• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cynic could reply that it is because their focus and mandate is getting hold of your money, to post a positive result and please their masters - NOT your personal circumstances or whatever happens to you afterwards.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      A cynic could reply that it is because their focus and mandate is getting hold of your money, to post a positive result and please their masters - NOT your personal circumstances or whatever happens to you afterwards.
      Might be so, but altimately it is one or the other it can't both, what would you advise pay up or not? As it looks to me we are fighting a loosing battle! And why risk paying more interest and the possibility of penalties when you can just pay now and forget about it

Comment

It's not my place to advise whether you should pay or not - It is an individual decision that depends on one's mindset and personal circumstances.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Confused

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          If Sanzar are still around people should talk to them. There is a different grounds of appeal if you were in the DTA partnership scheme.
          I was with Sanzar 2008/9 and 2009/10, so do I need to consider Michael's post? And "Sanzar" are not around.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin View Post
            I was with Sanzar 2008/9 and 2009/10, so do I need to consider Michael's post? And "Sanzar" are not around.

The years you refer to are 2008/9 and 2009/10 and these relate to the Sanzar EBT. So you can ignore Michael's post.

Mr Perry is referring to 2007/08 and a scheme which is covered under the Section 58 thread. Perhaps the mods can put his post there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
              The years you refer to are 2008/9 and 2009/10 and these relate to the Sanzar EBT. So you can ignore Michael's post.

Mr Perry is referring to 2007/08 and a scheme which is covered under the Section 58 thread. Perhaps the mods can put his post there as well.
              Thank you I thought that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post

I will leave it here as DR has answered it admirably and people will be able to go the the S58 thread that you directed them to.

Any future S58 posts from Mr Perry on this thread will simply be removed. The regulars over there will just tear him a new one...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Any future S58 posts from Mr Perry on this thread will simply be removed. The regulars over there will just tear him a new one...
                  Many thanks. Things are stresful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    Does or doesn't? I would have thought it doesn't apply to EBTs...
                    Thanks for the correction

Comment

I'm keen to know whether people think this is going to go away or not.

I certainly don't think it will, and sooner or later I think we'll all be paying the fiddler so to speak.

As I said in a previous post, I think anybody who's potentially on the hook for this and isn't already making provisions is either very brave or very wealthy. Way I see it, if I have the money and they prove it's owed in 5 years....there you go.......if not, thanks, I'll keep it.

Comment

Working...
                      X