• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
    We are acting for a number of clients that are ex-employees of White Collar and if you read back in this thread you will notice more.
    Hi Michael
    I received the re-assessment for 08/09, are you acting for anyone from AM Limited?
    Thanks

Comment

White Collar

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
      We are acting for a number of clients that are ex-employees of White Collar and if you read back in this thread you will notice more.
      Michael - Was White Collar previously ASMG?

Comment

Anyone remember this thread? (I'm surprised you've forgotten it LordF...)

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...21-asmg-4.html
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The bare minimum

1) Appeal the assessment, requesting postponement of payment
          2) If you don't receive confirmation that your appeal, and postponement, has been accepted then hound HMRC until you get this
          3) Put it to the back of your mind, and get on with your life

Remember, you are one of 20,000 ebt/loan users (70 schemes) they are dealing with and it could be a very long time before you hear from them again.

Do you really want to spend the next few years speculating/obsessing about what HMRC may do?

Comment

Wise words Donkey.

With the budget fast approaching and the Govt wanting to be seen to be taking action against immoral schemes etc. What do people think will come out of the budget?

e.g What happens if the budget completely kills off these companies running the schemes...? Or is that not possible?
            Will we be left pissing in the wind?

Comment

Amount has dropped?

I got a SA statement claiming I owe XXXXX with interest for 2008/09 , there was no discovery form attached.

I rang HMRC and asked what this is as there was no details attached, the agent confirmed because the EBT Scheme Blah Blah Blah, they said they would send another letter explaining what the amount outstanding was for as it must of got lost in post.

Few days later I looked on the portal and the outstanding amount has dropped by 33% and 50% less interest ....no explanation?? They seem to be able to add and
              take figures as they please on the fly???

This is really worrying? Are they in a mess or what? Or do they seem they can do whatever they like and when they like.

Any advice welcome, as I still await a formal letter/explanation as to why 2008/08 has an outstanding amount put on to my SA statement. And why the figure has changed? Further more if it can go down it can also go up??

Comment

Re: White Collar

Thanks Cojak .... last night I was looking up names of my old contacts at ASMG and the last person I had communication with at ASMG has a recent profile update of being at White Collar.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Anyone remember this thread? (I'm surprised you've forgotten it LordF...)

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...21-asmg-4.html

Comment

Originally posted by turnover
                  HMRC's tactic of sending letters to people week on week and being received on Saturday (nice touch) means for mostly people a period of 1-2 days of sheer panic.
                  Over the years many BN66ers have received brown envelopes for Xmas. For HMRC, this is a cunning tactic

1) post takes longer running up to Xmas so people have less time to appeal (and they send everything 2nd class adding to delays)
                  2) it's harder for people to get hold of their promoters
                  3) it ruins people's Xmas!

This has happened too often for it to be a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by turnover

HMRC's tactic of sending letters to people week on week and being received on Saturday (nice touch) means for mostly people a period of 1-2 days of sheer panic.
                    Yep. Got mine this morning.

As this is a professional forum I'll keep my opinion of HMRC to myself.

Comment

Sorry!

Sorry about the full inbox and has been sorted now.

Yes, we have a number of clients that were with AM Limited.

As Cojak points out, ASMG and White Collar (now in liquidation) claimed no link between them.

Comment

Working...
                      X