• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asmg

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This forum is of contractors: a highly skilled, educated and well reconagised services group.
    Precisely. This is why we have all said in various ways you should not use a service such as this one unless:

(a) you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing and

(b) you will accept the risk it entails if they are either wrong or have mis-intepreted the rules (unlikely but possible) or HMRC decide their operation is no longer permitted (also possible and sightly more liekly, given the last budget) and

(c) if it does all go wrong you will still have the tax you haven't paid as a result so you can give it back to HMRC on demand.

Or, be really boring and do it the recommended way, which is to run your own company. Given your refusal to understand and accept that advice, I suspect it is probably even more important that you take it.

Or is that a Catch-22...?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I seriously believe you guys should think about setting up the CUK comedy show, each week people can come in with the average

"do you think I can break the law in this way because this nice salesman told me its fine"

or

"hi, i'm a newbie and can't be bothered to do research of my own and as this is the CUK forum you guys will obviously just tell me everything i need to know about the basics without moaning or being sarcastic"

and then have the audience rate the contestants on intelligence, common sense, grammar.. it'd be a winner for sure. Keep it up..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

p.s has anyone else on here read some posts and actually shouted at their laptop along the lines of

"for fecks sake!! what do you think? read what you've just written !!! "

might build myself a brick wall like malvolio's, what materials should i use though? i've heard brick is the most common but someone told me if i make it out of cash I can claim that back as a tax dodge, a bloke in a field with straw hanging out of my mouth told me this and he didnt have "Liar" written on his t-shirt so it must be ok, right?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by tarry
          Do not give me an impression that I am in a wrong forum. Again, better to stick to the real topics rather than wasting time on something which is not required/asked for. Remeber you might well be in position tomorrow to get help/seek advise but these time wasting comments will annoy you.

This forum is of contractors: a highly skilled, educated and well reconagised services group. Do not behave like a ordinary forum members...
          My advice is quit contracting and leave the country. Trust me, it won't work for you. You lack:

(1) basic written communication skills
          (2) common sense
          (3) a sense of humour

Leave now.
          Last edited by sasguru; 10 May 2006, 11:43.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            Right-o, squire. That's me told.

In that case, I repeat my advice: sign up to the ASMG scheme. I assume from your grammar and spelling you could flee overseas if it all went tits up anyway so why not? In fact, thinking about it, why bother paying tax at all? Just fill your boots and disappear when the letter from HMCR appears on the doorstep.
            Lucifer,

If I could flee overseas, I would not have come in the forum to discuss this. I would have accepted their scheme without any hesitation. We are all around to help each other, aren't we? Someone can learn from my experience and I can learn from other's....

Thanks anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              My advice is quit contracting and leave the country. Trust me, it won't work for you. You lack:

(1) basic written communication skills
              (2) common sense
              (3) a sense of humour

Leave now.
              OK... Searching for next available flight..... Let me know if you are running a travel agency......

Comment

Let me know if you are running a travel agency......
                That's better
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  That's better
                  sorry... all flights are fully booked... so will stay around... saw your name on on of the flights....

Comment

sorry... all flights are fully booked... so will stay around... saw your name on on of the flights....

Good lad, that's the spirit. So, are you going to sign up to the ASMG scheme or not?

Comment

By the by, welcome to the forum...

Comment

Working...
                      X