• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael J Perry's offer

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
    (also posted in SANZAR thread)

I, for one, am interseted interested in Michael's offer.
    My understanding is that he is suggesting an approximately 2 hour seminar: part information part questions (preferrably questions prepared in advance)
    Covering things such as who he is (obviously), history of EBT schemes and HMRC investigations,
    what to expect next and some mistakes to avoid.

If anyone would be interested in attending one in London, in the next couple of weeks. (or knows how to get a good deal on a hotel meeting room in London). PM me and I will try to co-ordinate

Dan
    Dan

You have been PM'd

F

Comment

Re: Michael J Perry's offer

I would be very interested in this as well. Having received my HMRC discovery letter for an EBT scheme from Kinsella Solutions for 2008/2009.

Cheers

Comment

Michael Presentation

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
        (also posted in SANZAR thread)

I, for one, am interseted interested in Michael's offer.
        My understanding is that he is suggesting an approximately 2 hour seminar: part information part questions (preferrably questions prepared in advance)
        Covering things such as who he is (obviously), history of EBT schemes and HMRC investigations,
        what to expect next and some mistakes to avoid.

If anyone would be interested in attending one in London, in the next couple of weeks. (or knows how to get a good deal on a hotel meeting room in London). PM me and I will try to co-ordinate

Dan

Dan,

It is good to share the info you are getting from Michael as I'm living in North of Scotland and can't attend. I've received similar letter for 2010-2011 tax year when I was with Sanzar.

Thanks
        Safe

Comment

For new cascade contractor

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...de-london.html

We have a child thread cascade contractors with cascade specific discussion.

Comment

Hi Admin,

Can you please grant myself PM rights.

Thanks,

Comment

JustAContractor

Hi Admin,

Please could I also be granted PM rights.

Thanks,

Comment

Do these letters from HMRC relate to the "EBT settlement opportunity" or is this something different?

Has anybody here paid the requested tax amount for 08/09? and what was the response from HMRC?

I'm quite worried and angry about this whole situation and while I feel I should fight it and reject the reassessment I could afford to pay off what has been requested for 08/09 and subsequent years (if similar amounts). What I'm wondering is if I do pay whether the case will be closed and I can move on with my life a wiser person or could I find another brown envelope of joy asking for further money relating to these years in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Azza View Post
                  Do these letters from HMRC relate to the "EBT settlement opportunity" or is this something different?

Has anybody here paid the requested tax amount for 08/09? and what was the response from HMRC?

I'm quite worried and angry about this whole situation and while I feel I should fight it and reject the reassessment I could afford to pay off what has been requested for 08/09 and subsequent years (if similar amounts). What I'm wondering is if I do pay whether the case will be closed and I can move on with my life a wiser person or could I find another brown envelope of joy asking for further money relating to these years in the future?
                  So by paying up, dont you think you admitting you did something wrong?

I think you can not ask others what to do, ultimately it's your call. But tax planning, which tax avoidance is, is not a criminal offence, and what HMRC think and what is the actual law at the time of 08/09 are totally different.

Seek professional advice and contact firstly whoever you were employed by. AIMO
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Do not pay!

Originally posted by Azza View Post

Payment of this assessment could be an admission of liability for 2008/09 and earlier/later years (if applicable). Read my previous posts for further guidance on what to do.

Thank you to DESPERATE DAN for trying to organise the EBT TAX INVESTIGATIONS SEMINAR to be held in London soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                      So by paying up, dont you think you admitting you did something wrong?

I think you can not ask others what to do, ultimately it's your call. But tax planning, which tax avoidance is, is not a criminal offence, and what HMRC think and what is the actual law at the time of 08/09 are totally different.

Seek professional advice and contact firstly whoever you were employed by. AIMO
                      What I think doesn't really matter, it's the outcome I'm thinking about, I'm purely considering it to potentially free myself from worry and mitigate any potential higher penalties if it goes to litigation stages. What I want to know though is weather paying the reassessed tax liability will close the case on the matter.

p.s. I have contacted my old employer and have been given advice on how to respond.

Comment

Working...
                      X