• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choice Premier - Foreign Loan Scheme...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
    Jesus specs get with the program. Someone has threatened the forum with legal action. If you want that stuff posted online open up your own forum and do it there. You can then have your free speech and take on the risk and responsibility yourself.

This section of the forum is to try and help people with HMRC enquiries not bitch about mods and admin - at least that's how I understood it.
    Jesus piebaps, nobody (not me, anyway) is 'bitching' about anyone. First of all, I'm not aware of anything I personally posted that was in any way contentious or not factual, so no idea why the raft of posts taken down included some of mine! Beyond that, a very simple question was posed and, if your conclusion is correct, then it should not be beyond the gift of a Forum official to set the matter straight beyond ambiguity. After all, the last Admin posting on the 'HMRC Enquiry Letters for Choice Premier / Berwick Associates/ Runnymede Services' thread was 3 weeks ago and said "Several posts have been removed from this thread while we investigate any facts behind them."

Therefore, 3 weeks on, if to "investigate" was the need, what happened as the result?

Comment

Contact with Kerridge etc

Not wanting to put my head in the lions mouth - but has anyone heard from Kerridge since early this year. It seems that I along with a lot of other people have given him thousands of pounds to defend schemes that he had a hand in advising on and now he seems to have gone awol. He's not answering his phone and his companies are no longer at their registered addresses.

Comment

Loan Repayments

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
        The reality is there is nothing to connect the users to the self employed schemes apart from the loans to bank accounts so an investigation would have to be raised in order to discover the loan element then leading on to the defence of the scheme. There is nothing to be declared on SA returns as the loans are not income in the same way as a personal loan from Barclays is not income.
        And just like a loan from Barclays is repayable to Barclays, a scheme loan will be repayable, in accordance with the loan agreement terms, on the due date, plus the contractually agreed premium / interest, to whoever owns the loan at that time

That might be a friendly, professional, helpful, constructive liquidator who has a whole team of people and IT kit to reconcile bank account payments to loan agreements and recipients …

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
          And just like a loan from Barclays is repayable to Barclays, a scheme loan will be repayable, in accordance with the loan agreement terms, on the due date, plus the contractually agreed premium / interest, to whoever owns the loan at that time

That might be a friendly, professional, helpful, constructive liquidator who has a whole team of people and IT kit to reconcile bank account payments to loan agreements and recipients …
          The post to which you responded is nearly 9 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            I suspect Ian knows that - and given what he does I suspect he has got a new client to liquidate and this is a warning.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              guilty as charged - I noticed afterwards, but was so horrified at the comment that I thought my response was still relevant

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I suspect Ian knows that - and given what he does I suspect he has got a new client to liquidate and this is a warning.
                as a warning, it's too late for contractor/employees of cos that I'm liquidator of, but hopefully it might dissuade others from following the same route ……

Comment

Working...
                X