• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action Group etc

Originally posted by Mario63 View Post
    I have just become aware of this appalling situation. I now owe the HRMC £5K.
    I have been phoning around various parties to no avail
    * Talking to Fleming Laine was an exercise in non-committal. In short, they “bought” me from Sunday, and that is the end of it. Apparently they only bought the benefits of having me as a client, but none of the responsibilities. It also has become clear that they have known about this for some very long time, but kept the lid on it.
    * Bradbury does not reply calls or emails.
    * "Willowmead" does not reply to emails.
    I now have to fork out £5K before the debt gets out of hand. Then I will have to work hard to pay this money. If anyone else is taking some legal action, etc or has any good advice on the matter, please let me know
    No one knows anything or is responsible for anything. Reading the threads in here gives the small consolation that I am not alone in this.
    What a sad state of affairs when even the government does not seem to give a toss either
    If anyone has any useful information, please let me know

all the very best....
    Hi Mario63,

The best thing is to join the action group - e-mail in post above, and write to as many people/groups in authority as possible. There are plenty of suggestions in this post, and the more of us that contact them the more likely that they are to take some notice.

I have some letters / e-mails that I have sent if either you or anyone else wants some templates.

Welcome aboard,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
      Hi Mario63,

The best thing is to join the action group - e-mail in post above, and write to as many people/groups in authority as possible. There are plenty of suggestions in this post, and the more of us that contact them the more likely that they are to take some notice.

I have some letters / e-mails that I have sent if either you or anyone else wants some templates.

Welcome aboard,

Simon
      Hi Simon

Many thanks...I sent an email to the action group. Hope to hear from them soon. Since I am near Bath, I will go to Bradbury's aka Sunday's office tomorrow and see if they are still there. I emailed some of Bradbury's people I had dealings with in the past, only to receive "un-delivered" automatic replies. cheers

Comment

Barclays

I wrote to Barclays after Willowmeade gave me the bank details of the Partnership I was in (Smyth Mobley), this is the reply I received:

'Unfortunately, the Bank is unable to provide any information to third parties unless we have signed authority from our customer to disclose such information. This is due to the strict duty of confidentiality which exists between a bank and its customer. Since you are already aware of the existence of the account, we can only confirm you have no rights to any information in relation to it since you are not a party to that account'

I have now been trying to recover monies due me for nearly six months now, I have written and spoken to more people than I can remember in my efforts.

I find it amazing that some contractors are still only just becoming aware of what has been going on!

HMRC, Police, SFO and every Regulatory Body I have contacted basically don't give a toss about the fraud that has been and is still being comitted by Sunday Wealth Management Ltd and Bradbury & Co. I also believe the agency I worked for and the invoicing company are complicit in this fraud!

This situation is indicative of the state this country is in, criminals and freeloaders prosper, but honest people are hounded into early graves by people in organisations such as HMRC.

I feel alot better now I've had a good moan, but I've come to the conclusion I'll never see any of the money I'm owed. I believe I've exhausted every avenue open to me without incurring further debt.

Comment

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
          ...I have some letters / e-mails that I have sent if either you or anyone else wants some templates....
          Hi Simon, yes please, I could do with the letters...no need to re-invent the wheel.
          I read many threads and I am absolutely aghast at the loss of some colleagues and the goings on.
          Mike1004 mentioned that he finds it amazing that some contractors are still only just becoming aware of what has been going on. The reason for me is that I was lulled by a false sense of security .
          So Sunday made a tidy profit by selling us down the river on one hand, and kept our taxes on the other. Sunday in effect extricated themselves from us before they were found out.
          That no-one seems to be interested does not surprise me. Even if we do not get our money back (God forbid) we have a unique opportunity to expose this people ( the lot of them) to the nation so that someone somewhere pays attention to what we are saying. We should not give up without a fight, and I am certain that public opinion wodul be very much on our side.

NOTES:
          • I sent an email to the support group but have not received a reply as yet
          • Would it be possible to have PM activated for me?

<admin note>PM use enabled</admin note>
          Last edited by Mario63; 19 February 2010, 12:37.

Comment

Support group

Mario63,

You should receive a reply from the action group, but there is a vetting process (for obvious reasons!). Agree with everything that you say! This is why criminals in this country get away with things like Fraud - because no one (except the victims!) care !!!

Comment

Re: Barclays

Hey Mike1004 - I have done exactly what you have and have come to the same conclusions. The police directed me towards the legal route, the SFO pointed me in the same direction, the OR at Bristol did the same, Companies House weren't interested, HMRC were unsympathetic and a couple of others all said the same thing - get a solicitor...
              Unfortunately, I can't pursue the legal aspect as I haven't got the money to spend on this now after having paid the HMRC and incurred other debts as a result.
              I also contacted the BBC watchdog but haven't even had as much as an acknowledgement email from them.
              I was told by Barclays to contact someone called Andrew McIntyre, but according to other sources, he was just an accountant and had no access to the bank accounts. Sounds a bit odd though as Barclays told me to contact him... Needless to say, I've got no details on him what so ever.

I'd dearly love to get in my truck and drive it through a certain house in bristol or pull a manouvre ala Lethal Weapon and pull the house to the ground. Wouldn't get me anywhere but it'd put a smile on my face for a while.

Comment

Sunday / Reed umbrella / Fleming

I left the Reed umbrella / Fleming Laing setup.

I too was stung by the Sunday Solutions con.

I feel Fleming Laing are resposible for paying the missing tax - staff and contractors were moved to this setup - how convenient.

I hope everyone leaves Reed umbrella / Fleming Laing and they go bust - but no doubt go bust is in their plan too.

I can't find the group on Yahoo called SundayBradbury - does it have a different name?

Comment

Yahoo-Sunday

You have to send an email to [email protected] requesting to join the action group. You will have to answer some questions to confirm yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario63 View Post
                    We should not give up without a fight, and I am certain that public opinion wodul be very much on our side.
                    Don't bank on it - contractors aren't usually flavour of the month particularly those trying to avoid paying tax

Comment

Originally posted by rocknrollrich View Post
                      You have to send an email to [email protected] requesting to join the action group. You will have to answer some questions to confirm yourself.
                      My accountant is offering to send out letters to contractors she has helped who are/were involved with Sunday - offering for us to become known to each other.

Meanwhile I have changed all my affairs to a simple limited company, so far this has been painless to set up.

Many thanks RockNRollRich I have sent my email to the group.

Comment

Working...
                      X