• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have been stuffed by these people as I now owe £5k to HMRC. Just been informed by the police that this forum exists (it was the best they could do!)

I also received that email today from Willowmeade and am perplexed! Will add more as I find out, and make this forum a part of my daily reading.

Comment

Re Surprise from the postie

Predictable it will have been unsigned guff from Bradbury who are "only" the agents - but who do they owe a duty of care to?

Comment

Oh for goodness sake- thy are just broadening thir "appeal"

Originally posted by danvito View Post
        Hey guys,

I just got this emailed to me today. What do you guys read into this? Was Willow Meade contracted by Sunday/Bradbury, or was it owned by the same people?

Cheers
        Daniel

From [email protected]
        Received: from localhost (mail213-171-216-231.livemail.co.uk [213.171.216.231])
        by cust-smtp-193.fasthosts.net.uk (Postfix) with ESMTP id EB76C1410096

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you to introduce the new Willow Meade PAYE umbrella service.

As a contractor who previously used Willow Meade and its services, I am delighted to announce that we are about to launch this new service.

The management have taken the decision that the best route for contractors is to adopt the HMRC compliant approach.

Legislation is constantly changing and Willow’s aims are to offer the best return that is 100% legally compliant and safe and to keep you up to date with the ever changing tax regulations to benefit you.

If you are interested further in how Willow can benefit you, simply respond to this mail and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly.

Kind regards

Brian Kiernan
        Director
        Willow Meade Limited
        This is a "me too" option only for the hatrd of thinking anxious to lose more money Big issue anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
          This is a "me too" option only for the hatrd of thinking anxious to lose more money Big issue anyone?
          Don't think for a second I am falling for it again. I am just interested to know what the link between WillowMeade and Bradbury/Sunday is?

Comment

Links between who? Deny everything

Of course they will say it's nothing to do with them but the bank will have records of who authorised transactions for each partnership account during the whole period from 2006 to now.
            Push harder at bank and see what you get back.
            it could be that more than a £1million is missing i.e. not paid to H M RC- the boys in the backroom would know but they prefer that partners never meet each other so they don't find out how big it is!
            So we need partners to get in touch with each other.
            Barclays Bank plc has a duty of care to the partners just like the accountants and agents. if cash taken out of partnerships is not used for the benefit of all of the partners there is a problem. Breach of the parters agreement for a start.
            If your money has gone and it has bought someone a house in Spain, Majorca or Hungary or even in the U K they ( Barclays)could be aiding possible criminals.

And who are they, the criminals ? Every one who helped this to happen...... who hid it from our eyes and hid behind a fiction of the anonymous "administrators".
            Mr Nyiri must have known who was doing this and so must others. They should have told the police. An accountants firm is bound by its institute rules to notify the authorities if it thinks anything wrong is going on, and I ould be surprised if Bradbury has so much as thought about that.

But I don't think the police want to know so it lies in the dust in a file in all probability. Never mind HMRC are going to make every one feel worse because we fell for it and gave them our money to look after
            Meanwhile if Bradbury and Co are doing their best!!!!! why are they more silent than a monastery of trappist monks when it comes to answering emails and letters?
            Who told them to shut up and Why ?

Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 December 2009, 09:56.

Comment

But I don't think the police want to know so it lies in the dust in a file in all probability
              Just as an aside, chatting with one of my acquaintences down the local the other night and it turns out he is a policeman working on the whole Sunday Solutions case (and more than a little surprised I knew about it!). So it's not been parked. It is, however, damned complex so don't confuse motion with progress.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

MSC Legislation and Transfer of Debt

Been studying this over the weekend does anyone think they could come after the partners for this ?

To whom a debt can be transferred
                The categories of transferee
                3.1 Section 688A (2), Part 11, ITEPA sets out four categories of persons to whom a debt can be transferred. The fourth category links to the second and third categories so for all practical purposes there are three categories. In this context a “person” means an individual, company or partnership. The three categories are:
                1. Thedirector,orotherofficeholderorassociateoftheMSC
                2. TheMSCProviderorthedirector,orofficeholderorassoci ateofthe MSC Provider
                3. Anyotherpersonwhodirectlyorindirectlyhasencouraged orbeen actively involved in the provision by the MSC of the services of the individual, or a director, or other office holder or associate of such a person.
                The Regulations refer to a person in the second category as a person within section 688A(2) b or paragraph (b) associate. Similarly they refer to a person in the third category as a person within section 688A(2) (c) or paragraph (c) associate.

Comment

Mad World

Partnership now complete.
                  I have now received my monies and detailed letter regarding what I need to do next, from the Partnership, the process and service I received from Bradbury was not good but given the statement they made about reducing staff numbers, understandable. The other contractors that I am in contact with have all had either Partnership accounts or some form of abbreviated accounts in the last two weeks with two now being paid up? I understand one has received a reduced figure whilst waiting for one of the Partners to repay monies owed to the Partnership.
                  I wish all the people on this forum well with resolving accounting issue with Bradbury, and would comment that some people who clearly want to make a “storm in a tea-cup!” seem to be fuelling this forum making acquisitions and proposing all sorts of fraud, based on little if no facts. Given the names and Companies mentioned in this forum if as I now know, given my own circumstances, this entire posting is simply down to bad communication by Bradbury I can only assume many people reputation and business have been damaged and as the forum allows an anonymous status, then unlike even the gutter press, these people are not accountable for any statements. I would advise a little more responsibility from those that post and this website, it seems to be getting out of hand in my opinion.

Comment

Sunday/Bradbury

Hi, I have been reading with interest the posts to date regarding this issue. I my self am embroiled in the whole mess, and have been getting more and more concerned with each post I have read. Having never had the need to write on these forums before I thought that I should sign up and make contact with some like minded people who were going through the same pain and discomfort as myself regarding outstanding Tax monies. I appreciate that I was not forced into signing up to this concept and really only did it out of sheer greed, however that did not make me feel any better the longer the radio silence continued from my appointed accountants, Bradbury and Co. I have left umpteem messages with them and email them repeatedly. I did beging to get somwhere, I felt, with a couple of contractors that were brought in to sort the whole mess out, they were very helpful for a couple of months, but then all contact ceased.
                    However on a more posotive note I have recieved my accounts now, and am being asked to approve them using an online system. i understand that once they are approved Bradbury and Co can then get the Partnership accounts together and distribute my "Profits". This all sounds very promising and I am told in an email that this should all be resolved by week commencing 14th Dec. I am sure a lot of you will be in the same boat, but just thought that I should put my experiences out there, and let you know that there may be some posotive steps happening to get our money back to us. I will keep you informed as the matter progresses.

Comment

Ir35 /sunday

Hi all,
                      In response to a previous thread which I may not have in the right place, I have found out some info on IR35 that was talked about previously
                      The Intermediaries legislation was introduced on 6th April 2000. It was first proposed by the Chancellor in the 1999 Budget and details were given in the Budget press release numbered IR35. Following extensive consultation, revised proposals were announced in a new press release dated 23 September 1999. However, the legislation is now commonly referred to as ‘IR35’.

The aim of the legislation is to eliminate the avoidance of tax and National Insurance Contributions (NICs) through the use of intermediaries, such as Personal Service Companies or partnerships, in circumstances where an individual worker would otherwise -

For tax purposes, be regarded as an employee of the client; and
                      For NICs purposes, be regarded as employed in employed earner’s employment by the client.
                      Prior to the introduction of the legislation, an individual could avoid being taxed as an employee on payments for services and paying Class 1 NIC by providing those services through an intermediary. The worker could take the money out of the intermediary, normally a Personal Service Company, in the form of dividends instead of salary. As dividends are not liable to NICs, the use of a dividend remuneration strategy results in the worker paying less in NICs than either a conventional employee or a self-employed person. And PAYE would not apply to the dividends.

The legislation ensures that, if the relationship between the worker and the client would have been one of employment had it not been for an intermediary the worker pays broadly tax and NICs on a basis which is fair in relation to what an employee of the client would pay.

On 6 April 2007 Chapter 9 ITEPA 2003, more commonly known as the Managed Service Company (“MSC”) Legislation, was introduced. The MSC Legislation applies to individuals providing their services through intermediaries which meet the definition of a Managed Service Company.

An intermediary must consider whether the MSC Legislation applies before considering IR35. Intermediaries that do not meet the definition of an MSC must continue to consider IR35.

Additional information about the MSC Legislation

The circumstances in which the IR35 legislation applies
                      Occupations affected by the IR35 legislation
                      Consequences/responsibilities for: Worker(s), Intermediary, Client, Composite Companies, Agencies and Scheme promoters
                      Consequences of ignoring the IR 35 legislation
                      What can I do if I disagree with HMRC's decision?
                      Supplying Services through a limited company or partnership – A general guide to IR35
                      Supplying Services – How to calculate the IR 35 deemed payment – A general guide
                      IR 35 Deemed Payment Calculator
                      Where can I find out how to make the IR 35 deemed payment calculation
                      Link to general guide on employed or self-employed

Comment

Working...
                      X