• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

De Graaf/TwentyPlus/IOM DTA (Double Tax)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De Graaf/TwentyPlus/IOM DTA (Double Tax)

Hi there,

Is anyone part of the above (ie. using a IOM trust tax structure) or are there any threads that have discussed this earlier?

It would be really helpful if anyone could share their feelings or what actions they are taking regarding their recent happenings, or just let me know where I can find any forums discussing it.

Thanks in advance,
    FD

Do a search on this forum. You'll find plenty about IoM schemes.

The prevailing wisdom is along the 10ft barge pole lines.

Comment

Try here. The thread specifically relates to the Montpelier/MTM scheme but as I understand it DeGraaf operate basically the same arrangement.

Montpelier are applying for a Judicial Review in the High Court to challenge the retrospective legislation. What are Degraaf planning to do?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...tinued-47.html

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the replies and sorry for getting back so late. I hadn't received any notifications in my mailbox about this so I've only seen the replies now.

Thanks again,
        FD

Comment

Please spread the word with anyone else you know who is with DeGraaf. I am in the Montpelier scheme but basically we are all in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Please spread the word with anyone else you know who is with DeGraaf. I am in the Montpelier scheme but basically we are all in the same boat.
            Thanks again, I've let my colleagues know as well...
            We've been feverishly reading them from the thread you've provided, in the last hour; It's a real eye-opener...agreed, we're basically in the same boat.

Hope I can get this over and done with soon...

Comment

Regarding DeGraaf:

Do you know when they first started operating their scheme? Montpelier/MTM started in 2001.

Do you have any feel for how many users they've got? I have made the assumption that Montpelier, with 1500+, is on a much bigger scale.

The reason I ask is that HMRC are claiming that the number of users of these schemes reached an "unprecendented scale" in 2007. Now, I know that the number of Montpelier users under enquiry did not grow that much last year but I'm wondering when DeGraaf clients started hitting the Revenue radar screens.

Do you know if many DeGraaf self-assessments were submitted in Jan 2007? These would have been for tax year 2005/6.

Thanks!
              DR

Comment

If it true that De Graaf have applied for a judicial review?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If it true that De Graaf have applied for a judicial review?
                  Yes, I have seen an email from DeGraaf to their clients confirming this.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Yes, I have seen an email from DeGraaf to their clients confirming this.
                    Interesting to see which JR gets picked. I believe they wont hear both?

Of course quite a few from the bn66/montp thread are going to the JR - it would be great to meet up with anyone from de graff!

Comment

Working...
                    X