• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question about recovery of money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anandb View Post
    Humm
    There is no way as a common man can challenge this to HMRC?
    local MPs are mostly useless so no point in talking to them.
    HMRC wont buzz on their stand.
    The internet on the original sum is almost 50%.

So the moral of the story is - do the scam by the books. HMRC wont do that tang to you.. Is that what looks like it.
    Sorry to hear about this.
    Some local MPs are better than others, I know of a couple of MPs who worked with their constituents and wrote to HMRC, but the responses from HMRC were generic and unhelpful (at best)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by anandb View Post
      Humm
      There is no way as a common man can challenge this to HMRC?
      local MPs are mostly useless so no point in talking to them.
      HMRC wont buzz on their stand.
      The internet on the original sum is almost 50%.

So the moral of the story is - do the scam by the books. HMRC wont do that tang to you.. Is that what looks like it.
      Yep, that's about the long and short of it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X