• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC list of dodgy tax avoidance schemes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Perhaps you would like to share the name of your accountant -
    I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do this on the forum. Could you confirm?

or if not, check them on CoHo - to see if they are linked to companies that operated avoidance schemes.
    Could you post a link please?
    I think my search returned some type of unrelated property website
    Last edited by SapphireStooge; 14 April 2023, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireStooge View Post
      It’s in the first post.

And no, we won’t be posting such a sticky. Dodgy scheme promoters are clear-cut, and we still have problems with them on occasion.

Accountants are a grey and very murky area in this corner of the world.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireStooge View Post
        https://find-and-update.company-info...service.gov.uk
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This sticky is going to become more useful over the next few years, since HMRC have decided to remove schemes from the list after they have been on it for a year, due to the Finance Act of 2021.
          It's not that they won't come after you, but that the scheme is no longer on the publicly displayed HMRC dodgy list.

Comment

check them on CoHo - to see if they are linked to companies that operated avoidance schemes.
            • What might no links imply, where there are multiple confirmed cases over several years?
            • How realistic is it, that there could be multiple confirmed cases relating to multiple different accountants at the same firm - and this is happening without a firm's knowledge over several years?
            • Do 'Contracting Awards' vet their finalists to ensure no confirmed cases?

Comment

Originally posted by peasant2023 View Post
              • What might no links imply, where there are multiple confirmed cases over several years?
              • How realistic is it, that there could be multiple confirmed cases relating to multiple different accountants at the same firm - and this is happening without a firm's knowledge over several years?
              • Do 'Contracting Awards' vet their finalists to ensure no confirmed cases?

You and SapphireStooge probably need to get together and decide what the two of you should do. You say that there are "multiple confirmed cases", but confirmed cases of what? You're going to have to be a bit more specific, because you're sounding like a conspiracy theorist who has come up with an idea and wants someone to work out the details with little or no information.

Comment

Absolute Outsourcing Ltd and Purple Pay Ltd have dropped off the list of April 5th.

(And if people are concerned that dodgy schemes are dropping off the list, I have a spreadsheet with dates…)
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Absolute Outsourcing Ltd and Purple Pay Ltd have dropped off the list of April 5th.

(And if people are concerned that dodgy schemes are dropping off the list, I have a spreadsheet with dates…)
                  Can you please keep them on the list on the first post - see my post above, HMRC rules means that companies drop off the list one year after they go on, not because they are no longer dodgy, but because the list is only allowed to show 1 year!

Comment

Right you are, I’ll add them to the list at the bottom of the post.

Comment

2 more added

Acacia Resourcing Services Ltd https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rvices-limited
                      Marquee Ltd https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rs#marquee-ltd

Both are utterly insane (they pay minimum wage and claim everything else is a capital gain) while pocketing 15% fees.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X