• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown envelopes incoming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown envelopes incoming?

Well, it is an extended public holiday next weekend and, after all, they are Her Majesty's <mod snip>.
    Last edited by cojak; 12 June 2022, 14:51. Reason: Removed starring.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

HMRC are in the wrong to be claiming that contractors using standard business methodology to operate Limited Companies are evading tax. They are not wrong for chasing people who used loan schemes and other tax evasion vehicles. I have a problem with the former and not the latter.

Using <mod snip> is harsh and this post should not stay up. People have been banned for starring swear words in the past on this forum.

If you're upset because you used loan schemes and offshore tax evasion vehicles then suck it up and be an adult. You were in the wrong and made a mistake. Too many on this forum moaning at being caught for doing wrong and taken to trial years later. It's your own fault, as an adult, and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
      HMRC are in the wrong to be claiming that contractors using standard business methodology to operate Limited Companies are evading tax. They are not wrong for chasing people who used loan schemes and other tax evasion vehicles. I have a problem with the former and not the latter.

Using *s to disguise 'retard' and female genitalia is harsh and this post should not stay up. People have been banned for starring swear words in the past on this forum.

If you're upset because you used loan schemes and offshore tax evasion vehicles then suck it up and be an adult. You were in the wrong and made a mistake. Too many on this forum moaning at being caught for doing wrong and taken to trial years later. It's your own fault, as an adult, and you know it.
      Without the Ltd company clampdown the latter wouldn't exist. Always good to see someone doubling down on their ignorance.

Comment

I will accept the starring and will remove.

You are, however, incorrect in berating DOND regarding Loan Charge whinges. That ship has long since sailed and DOND is not complaining about those.

MSCP and fee-payer attacks are the cause of his ire these days - I’m surprised that you’re not aware of this.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Using is harsh and this post should not stay up. People have been banned for starring swear words in the past on this forum.

You need to learn and understand the difference between 'tax evasion' and 'tax avoidance.' Until you do understand, imho, you're not qualified to debate the issue.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
          X