• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there really a realistic chance of HMRC backing down (withdrawing the Reg 80) if you shell out for a customized appeal letter?

Knowing HMRC, I suspect all appeals will just be parked no matter what you put in the letter.

------

Think carefully before engaging with an advisor. There have been too many instances in the past of people throwing good money after bad.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Is there really a realistic chance of HMRC backing down (withdrawing the Reg 80) if you shell out for a customized appeal letter?

Knowing HMRC, I suspect all appeals will just be parked no matter what you put in the letter.

------

Think carefully before engaging with an advisor. There have been too many instances in the past of people throwing good money after bad.
      It is absolutely guaranteed to go on a very big pile if you provide a generic response and it's probably even worse if you rely on your accused MSCP to manage the whole thing for you . I think the chance of HMRC concluding this swiftly is relatively small, but it's undoubtedly greater if the appeal provides justification against their arguments. A crafted response is just good practice in these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It is absolutely guaranteed to go on a very big pile if you provide a generic response and it's probably even worse if you rely on your accused MSCP to manage the whole thing for you . I think the chance of HMRC concluding this swiftly is relatively small, but it's undoubtedly greater if the appeal provides justification against their arguments. A crafted response is just good practice in these situations.
        +1

Although you'd think CK and Boox would have an incentive not to be found to be an MSCP.

----

One thing that has become depressingly familiar over the past decade or so is as soon as there's a whiff of blood, out come the ambulance chasers. Personally, I'd be loathed to line the pockets of any of this lot.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Was anyone doing anything about the Corporation tax that was already paid to make sure it's returned?
          Yes that's a big part of David's approach, get the CT removed first, get the actual liability, start paying that on account and then start the individual personalised appeals, which includes getting some thrown out who should never have been in there at all such as clients who had left CK in 2015 and other anomolies.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

------

There's always a chance they have got it wrong so it depends on your thinking, is it worth it?

Comment

Carnegie Knox is also being contacted by HMRC now. Situation is getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckWithCK View Post
                Carnegie Knox is also being contacted by HMRC now. Situation is getting out of hand.
                Carnegie Knox is a completely different kettle of fish - not MSC or IR35 at all.

see here for more info… https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...rc-claims.html
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by stuckWithCK View Post
                  That seems more like to a loan scheme investigation. It doesn't looks like aMSC investigation

Comment

How long is it taking HMRC to reply to the MSC appeal emails? (I'm wondering how long I should expect for my own email.)

Comment

Originally posted by PurelyBlue View Post
                      How long is it taking HMRC to reply to the MSC appeal emails? (I'm wondering how long I should expect for my own email.)
                      I appealed on 17th March and got reply on 30th March.

Comment

Working...
                      X