• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daggster View Post

Do you mind sharing that email address , I can't find anything but phone numbers on HEctor's page.
    [email protected]

You will need to supply your company name, the address where you want the physical letter and your UTR

Hector will then send you a form to fill in saying you are happy to accept the risks etc., of email

Then you should get your determination by email, which seems to be a very badly scanned in copy of the letter, and you can get your appeal in, that's all that matters right now is getting the appeal in

Comment

According to Boox, appeals should go to [email protected]

Comment

https://www.ft.com/content/fc35c60e-...4-f9632a1ccdf1

Comment

Array
          Originally posted by eek View Post

So I will repeat my advice from earlier.

Get your appeal letter in. Once you've done that you are better to pay money on account rather than waste money on a monthly fee because if you are not immediately involved its going to be years before anything that effects you will occur.

Remember Mr Chaplin needs a new money cow and the Big Group did wonders for WTT.

And I love to know what this line is based on

Because unless that's a penalty on top (and there shouldn't be) it's going to be (sadly) way more than 15%...
          Fair enough - I've always seen Dave Chaplin as one of the good guys in all this but I know that's not a widely held view on here. I don't have any (current) involvement - but the accountant I used to use has some similarities (as well as some differences) to the ones mentioned which is why I am watching how this unfolds.

I don't know if Dave Chaplin only works on a monthly fee basis - it's not clear from what's online.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Array

Fair enough - I've always seen Dave Chaplin as one of the good guys in all this but I know that's not a widely held view on here. I don't have any (current) involvement - but the accountant I used to use has some similarities (as well as some differences) to the ones mentioned which is why I am watching how this unfolds.

I don't know if Dave Chaplin only works on a monthly fee basis - it's not clear from what's online.
            Dave Chaplin blocked me on LinkedIn because I've continually called him out regarding his lack of knowledge in certain areas. 2 years ago he started trying to find a means of attacking umbrella companies regarding Employer NI deductions - that doesn't seem to have got anywhere but definitely got his mates a few quid.

* the current holiday pay stuff was the real crime but until the Pimlico case there wasn't much you could do about it.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Something for CK and Boox clients to consider when the dust has settled (after April 5th) maybe why (if this happens) were some clients of both of those not sent determination letters? or visa versa

IF this is the case then why would Hector go after only certain clients of CK?

How would Hector know of the working practices of those who didn't receive letters?

Is it just a cock up of letters being sent?

Lots of questions about this to come. For now though the battle lines have been drawn and it's a waiting game from here on in.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                WTT are running a webinar next Thursday - details at Post | Feed | LinkedIn
                thanks for this!

Comment

Not sure if it's been asked or answered in this thread, but is it worth renewing TLC tax cover with QDOS in incase HMRC go after other accountancy firms in future? Also for those companies already closed via strike off or mvl then are we affected or could be affected in future?

Comment

Originally posted by eldy View Post
                    Not sure if it's been asked or answered in this thread, but is it worth renewing TLC tax cover with QDOS in incase HMRC go after other accountancy firms in future? Also for those companies already closed via strike off or mvl then are we affected or could be affected in future?
                    I think hector reinstantiated companies that were involved in the Costelloes case, and yes the debt transfer is wider in scope than IR35 so the debt of a company can become that of a director. That is probably the reason for reviving the companies as I guess it has to be proven the company can't pay first.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by rabbleish View Post
                      I think hector reinstantiated companies that were involved in the Costelloes case, and yes the debt transfer is wider in scope than IR35 so the debt of a company can become that of a director. That is probably the reason for reviving the companies as I guess it has to be proven the company can't pay first.

​​​​​​
                      Remember, if a company has been stuck off, it has no assets because it doesn't exist any more.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X