• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alot of fear and conjecture in this thread.
    Any court will apply substance over form and throw these clowns out!
    They are simply upping the stakes. It'll probably continue a while longer with people paying them money - completely foolish in my opinion.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
      Alot of fear and conjecture in this thread.
      Any court will apply substance over form and throw these clowns out!
      They are simply upping the stakes. It'll probably continue a while longer with people paying them money - completely foolish in my opinion.
      Checks post history - still in the denial phase
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:00.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Response to eek

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Checks post history - still in the denial phase
        eek, would rather we were all in the suicidal phase?

My advice is to get some real legal advice and not from anyone from this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
          eek, would rather we were all in the suicidal phase?

My advice is to get some real legal advice and not from anyone from this forum.
          Nope - I would suggest getting legal advice and not sticking your head in the sand - this claim could all be a try on but I suspect were (when) it to go to court / mediation on the narrow bit the court would care about (ie. just the trust and the money the trust sent to you completely ignoring how the money got to the trust) you really could lose...

Comment

Nope - I would suggest getting legal advice and not sticking your head in the sand - this claim could all be a try on but I suspect were (when) it to go to court / mediation on the narrow bit the court would care about (ie. just the trust and the money the trust sent to you completely ignoring how the money got to the trust) you really could lose...
            I understand more than you know, and believe me this will not be going to court. Perhaps you are not clear on what substance over form means? Or perhaps you have a very low standard of service, not all solicitors are equal...but judges in this land will throw this case out (and that's not just my opinion!).

Comment

I understand more than you know, and believe me this will not be going to court. Perhaps you are not clear on what substance over form means? Or perhaps you have a very low standard of service, not all solicitors are equal...but judges in this land will throw this case out (and that's not just my opinion!).
              Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is far better than ignoring it and hoping it goes away.

Which until your post above reflects every previous post you have made..

Comment

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is far better than ignoring it and hoping it goes away.

Which until your post above reflects every previous post you have made..
                Depends on your view over a balanced happy life.
                For me, I got the advice needed from professionals and concluded to ignore such scams, same as the Trust Helpline before this.
                I feel for those who are being affected, but paying money you earned to a company representing a disguised remuneration scheme is a mistake. Substance over form is very very straightforward in this case.

I'll leave it there, my views have never waived.
                Your judgement is this will progress to court and ultimately CCJ raised against all for 100% of remuneration to be paid.
                My view is this will never reach a court.
                Time will tell, and in that time I'm not losing sleep or losing any money other than that owed to HMRC.

Comment

judges in this land will throw this case out (and that's not just my opinion!).
                  It depends which land "this land" is. If your loan was made under Isle of Man law for example, then it will be an Isle of Man Court. so if your land is England then what your judge may or may not do is irrelevant.

That said, I suspect you're probably correct. The Isle of Man system is not dissimilar to England's. You must however use an Isle of Man lawyer and there "no win/no fee" is not permitted. Anyone beginning litigation must be prepared to fund it themselves. These people won't be doing that....................probably.
                  Last edited by piebaps; 27 October 2022, 15:44. Reason: Complaint

Comment

Felicitas statutory demand

Looks like Felicitas have raised the stakes again and are now issuing statutory demands.

The advice I've received (from lawyers - PM if you'd like details - are we allowed to do that?) is reassuring but they did emphasise NOT TO IGNORE IT if you get one. Get legal advice!

Comment

Originally posted by corvetto View Post
                      Looks like Felicitas have raised the stakes again and are now issuing statutory demands.

The advice I've received (from lawyers - PM if you'd like details - are we allowed to do that?) is reassuring but they did emphasise NOT TO IGNORE IT if you get one. Get legal advice!
                      Yep - do not ignore a Statutory Demand - even if you believe the entire basis of the demand is invalid you need to counter the demand and for that do get some legal advice.

But given that you are asking for PMs to reveal details I will post this here

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      HMRC and scammy, dodgy 'solutions' providers - that's who!

Sharks from both sides of the fence are circling people, sharks who are trying to find an 'in' to get past your defences and grab your money.

Take care who you accept PM's from - don't be too open exchanging information until you've checked them out and they've given you real life references.

A particular tactic is to pretend to be a fellow punter and ask you to email them outside CUK as they 'don't trust messages' - why do you think they say that?

(Oh, and don't fall for sob stories either. Tugging on heart strings is very easy for those who have no heart-strings of their own...)

This is the end of the public service announcement.
                      as we don't know who you are - and I'm very dubious about ETC....

Finally for those who have been saying that I'm scare mongering - nothing in this surprises me...
                      Last edited by eek; 13 November 2020, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X