• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Interest Letter

Originally posted by ajd1971 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, I've also received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors yesterday demanding near on £20K loan interest payments by the 28th Feb. I've read a good percentage of the current thread - near on 75 pages.

Me personally, I'm not going to be engaging with Gladstones via email or phone. Although I did send WTT an email last night asking for assistance.

Unsure if this is the case for anyone else, but this is the first letter I've received in a long long time in regards to these loan payments,

For info, I was with Darwin and IQ from 2010 - December 2013.

All I've had in the past was APN notices from the HMRC for those time periods, WTT helped me in the past with these, so I'm hoping WTT can assist with this demand from Gladstones

From my perspective I will not be paying anything to Gladstones at this stage

All the best
    Hi,

First, a big thanks to the admin to start this thread and to all the contributes, the information shared in the posts helped a lot to not loose mental peace.

I have joined this forum last night as I got a letter from Felicitas a day ago. I was with Infinity for six months in 2016. I wasn't sure what to do with the letter so I have contacted WTT and awaiting their response.

I would be thankful if people can share their experience with WTT or ETC Tax.

I believe a collective action will help us all.

Regards

Comment

Etc Tax blog - Felicitas Solutions / Gladstone’s / FS Capital – help us to help you

Felicitas Solutions / Gladstone’s / FS Capital - help us to help you - ETC Tax
      Last edited by Superfly; 3 April 2020, 19:31.

Comment

These guys are heroes.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

ETC

Originally posted by greenchilly View Post
          Hi,

First, a big thanks to the admin to start this thread and to all the contributes, the information shared in the posts helped a lot to not loose mental peace.

I have joined this forum last night as I got a letter from Felicitas a day ago. I was with Infinity for six months in 2016. I wasn't sure what to do with the letter so I have contacted WTT and awaiting their response.

I would be thankful if people can share their experience with WTT or ETC Tax.

I believe a collective action will help us all.

Regards
          I contacted ETC via their Twitter page and couldn't be happier, both ETC and Webberg are god sends to be honest, be strong mate...

Comment

Destroy Felicitas

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            These guys are heroes.

Hopefully ETC can put an end to these dogs Felicitas and their antics. And all my correspondence I send to the HMRC and FCA hopefully that counts for something someday.

Comment

Felicitas

Hi All,

I too received a letter from Felicitas Solutions with the title Notice of Acquisition Of Lender's Rights.
              This letter advises that I owe them just under 12K due to a loan agreement I signed into a few years back.

I have contacted IOM Financial Ombudsman who advised that they have been contacted by several people regarding this company and that I should email them or write to them and dispute.

The letter received did not have any reference numbers I could quote or a telephone number I could call.

I tried emailing the organisation on the email address provided [email protected].

Upon sending the email of dispute I got a bounce back.

I then decided to write a letter of dispute to Felicitas and sent to the address on the letter.

I have since not heard back from them and am still waiting.

Could someone advise as when this all took place I was new to the contracting world and unaware of how things work.

I was advised by IQ that the loan is non repayable as the monies eared from the organisation I worked for would go towards the loan agreement signed.

In my letter to Felicitas I asked them where did all the money I earn during that period go and various other questions but am still awaiting a response.

How do I proceed or has anybody else had any further correspondance.

Thanks

Ricky

Comment

Contact WTT Group ([email protected]) or ETC - They can help

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  Unfortunately the period allowed by the Limitation ACt begins at the time the first claim under the provisions in the agreement are triggered.

So if that is a demand for payment, made January 2020, that the the start. If you say "I don't think so" and you hear nothing more until after January 2026, you are home and hosed.
                  thanks Webberg. Initial response from solicitor is promising however "Time bar is a technical and quite complex legal question and it is not always as straightforward as it looks. The normal rule, however, is that the legal proceedings for a debt must be raised within five years of the debt having been incurred unless there is an ongoing relationship between the creditor and the debtor or the debtor has acknowledged the amount outstanding".

Also, the correspondence from the Darwin/IQ helpdesk stating that "you have no obligations towards those loans going forward. Therefore there is no requirement on you or anyone else to “repay the loans” " .. may come in handy at some point in the future..?

NB my solicitor will be considering this in the context of Scottish Law as laid down in The Prescriptions and Limitation (Scotland) Act, 1973.

Statute Barred Debt in Scotland - Scotland Debt Solutions
                  Last edited by woolyhatman; 5 April 2020, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by woolyhatman View Post
                    NB my solicitor will be considering this in the context of Scottish Law as laid down in The Prescriptions and Limitation (Scotland) Act, 1973.

Statute Barred Debt in Scotland - Scotland Debt Solutions
                    Note, for those who don't live in Scotland, Scotland is a very different case with shorter limitation periods (5 years, not 6) and stricter rules on chasing long standing debts.
                    Last edited by eek; 5 April 2020, 09:43.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Note, for those who don't live in Scotland, Scotland is a very different case with shorter limitation periods (5 years, not 6) and stricter rules on chasing long standing debts.
                      we'll see what comes of it ? in the meanwhile, surprised that no-one has jumped on the email i received from their helpdesk back in 2012/2013:

The loans received by you in the period have already been settled as part of the IP of the Darwin EBT product – i.e. you have no obligation towards those loans going forward. Therefore there is no requirement on you or anyone else to “repay the loans”. Note this is not the same as the loans having been written off, which if that had been done it would have created a taxable event!

I'd be more than happy to share the original correspondence if it helps anyone's case...

Comment

Working...
                      X