• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
    I don't want to fall out with anyone, and for the record I think these people now trying to scare people into repaying alleged loans are the absolute lowest pond scum there is.

    I stand by what I said, anyone who's claiming that they thought these schemes were 100% cast iron and and were beyond reproach need to be honest with themselves. If it looks too good to be true...........

    I went into it knowing it might be a touch questionable, but took the gamble....and lost, like many others.

    That's all
    I didn't know the scheme was questionable. I was told it was HMRC approved, I was told it was QC approved, I have the screenshots of the website. I was told the loans are not repayable, I have the email from the scheme provider that state this. I was told there was no risk at all and I had nothing to worry about, even when the brown letters were dropping at my doorstep.

    I was led to believe by the scheme provider that I wasn't taking any gamble. It was a scam, a con; and those scam merchants that were involved in it then and now have a lot to answer for.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Superfly View Post
      I didn't know the scheme was questionable. I was told it was HMRC approved, I was told it was QC approved, I have the screenshots of the website. I was told the loans are not repayable, I have the email from the scheme provider that state this. I was told there was no risk at all and I had nothing to worry about, even when the brown letters were dropping at my doorstep.

      I was led to believe by the scheme provider that I wasn't taking any gamble. It was a scam, a con; and those scam merchants that were involved in it then and now have a lot to answer for.
      Completely agree Superfly, I was told exactly the same.
      And your summary of John, Frank and Bob Above are also 100%.
      I was with Sanzar in 2009 Only and that seems to explain it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Tezz View Post
        Completely agree Superfly, I was told exactly the same.
        And your summary of John, Frank and Bob Above are also 100%.
        I was with Sanzar in 2009 Only and that seems to explain it.

        I have no sympathy with the scheme providers either. They lied then and are now trying to con us again. They should not get away with this.

        While it sounds very reasonable, I am not sure that the "John, Frank and Bob" theory is what is happening in practice. I was with Darwin 2011-12, which operated similar to the Winchester example. I have not received any write-off or 5% settlement offer from Felicitas. However, I understand from previous posts that Darwin users received a write-off letters.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Superfly View Post
          I didn't know the scheme was questionable. I was told it was HMRC approved, I was told it was QC approved, I have the screenshots of the website. I was told the loans are not repayable, I have the email from the scheme provider that state this. I was told there was no risk at all and I had nothing to worry about, even when the brown letters were dropping at my doorstep.

          I was led to believe by the scheme provider that I wasn't taking any gamble. It was a scam, a con; and those scam merchants that were involved in it then and now have a lot to answer for.
          I realise it's way too late to say this, but it might help someone out there one day. HMRC never approve tax avoidance schemes - ever. QC cannot approve a tax avoidance scheme. But they can offer an opinion on it. As far as I am aware, nobody outside the scheme organisers ever actually gets to see the QC opinion. You are just told it exists. As we have seen, they are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            I realise it's way too late to say this, but it might help someone out there one day. HMRC never approve tax avoidance schemes - ever. QC cannot approve a tax avoidance scheme. But they can offer an opinion on it. As far as I am aware, nobody outside the scheme organisers ever actually gets to see the QC opinion. You are just told it exists. As we have seen, they are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
            If only we ourselves knew that back then. Hope it helps someone.

            HMRC have since issued a Spotlight, 10 years too late but hopefully it also helps someone.

            Comparison and broker websites marketing umbrella companies are not always what they seem (Spotlight 55) - GOV.UK

            Those running these snake-oil schemes and chasing these fake loans only want to make as much money as they can before they leave this mortal coil, as if they will take it with them when they die. That will be their legacy, leave the world in a worse state than when they found it in order to ingratiate themselves in their limited time here at the expense of the pain of others. They are screwing NHS workers now for heavens sake. The likes of Adrian Sacco who has a penchant for super-expensive watches while the people that he is conning risk losing their livelihoods, home, marriage family, sanity. I am sure that this all fits fine in the ethics of these conmen, in their mind they feel that they earned this money by the intellectual value of their sheer cunning.

            All we can do is help whoever we can through our advice gleaned from personal experience during this mess so that nobody else has to go through what we've gone through. It would be the human thing to do.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Superfly View Post
              All we can do is help whoever we can through our advice gleaned from personal experience during this mess so that nobody else has to go through what we've gone through. It would be the human thing to do.
              Originally posted by Superfly View Post
              Fair enough. Just need to have my wits about me on this forum, and the cloak of anonymity that it provides to people.
              Due to comments like yours I just had to take 3 weeks off. I have returned a couple of days ago and trying to lurk. But people like you who just DO NOT HAVE A CLUE drive me mad.

              I have spoken personally to tens of people from this forum. A few I have found advisers for several(I always recommend at least two). And a couple I have helped through suicidal periods. The vast majority of this has been done through PMs.

              Do you understand the concept of irony? Why should anyone think you are actually affected and not just an idiot with an axe to grind? Those were rhetorical questions. If you had any decency you would leave your CUK account and never post again. But you won't.

              For many years I thought the quality of moderation was getting better on CUK. It now seems to be returning to 2008 levels.

              No doubt this post will soon be lost in the sea of posts from morons like you. And people who need help will not be helped. But I need to get away for a while. Hopefully I will not be back. Maybe some suicidal people will not get the help they need. In which case admin will have a great deal to answer for.

              Comment


                Still nothing...! Have emails ONLY been sent via Felicitas?

                I've still had no communication since I sent my dispute 4 Weeks ago. I never recieved anything directly from Felicitas, only via Gladstones.

                Has anyone received a write-off from Gladstones?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
                  I've still had no communication since I sent my dispute 4 Weeks ago. I never recieved anything directly from Felicitas, only via Gladstones.

                  Has anyone received a write-off from Gladstones?
                  That’s never going to happen as it’s not Gladstones to write off. Only the supposed owner of a debt can send a write off letter.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by standup View Post
                    I have no sympathy with the scheme providers either. They lied then and are now trying to con us again. They should not get away with this.

                    While it sounds very reasonable, I am not sure that the "John, Frank and Bob" theory is what is happening in practice. I was with Darwin 2011-12, which operated similar to the Winchester example. I have not received any write-off or 5% settlement offer from Felicitas. However, I understand from previous posts that Darwin users received a write-off letters.
                    I believe it was nothing to do with the total amount, but the scheme you were with and what documents you signed and at what time. With Sanzar and Darwin in early days, pre 2011, there were no “loan” agreements in existence and therefore they have had to consider write offs.

                    Comment


                      Agree

                      Originally posted by Tezz View Post
                      I believe it was nothing to do with the total amount, but the scheme you were with and what documents you signed and at what time. With Sanzar and Darwin in early days, pre 2011, there were no “loan” agreements in existence and therefore they have had to consider write offs.
                      Couldn't agree more Tezz.

                      I was one of the stupid ones who did this for a number of years.

                      2008-2010 Sanzar Partnership - No so called loans it was a double tax treaty BS (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
                      2010-2011 Sanzar Solution - Again, changed Scheme but still No so called loans (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
                      2011-2013 The Garraway Trust - So Called Loans, poorly advised, no official documents given (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Garraway Trust).

                      End Result :- HMRC seen all 5 years as tax avoidance and I paid back everything due, it was taxable income, end off.

                      Fast forward to 2020, Felicitas Solutions - hello there you owe £XXXK in loans but we will take 12% no not 12% - 5% for it all to go away. Mmmmmmm

                      Last so called loan was 2013 Feb some 7 years ago (unsecured loan I might add). I did not agree any pay back terms nor did I start paying back anything.

                      Hoping it's an extinguished debt here in Scotland as it is classed as a simple contract debt - I may be wrong have taken legal advice so let's see.
                      Last edited by happychap; 11 May 2020, 13:39.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X