• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superfly
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Since when did Gladstones own the debt - they are sending letters on behalf of Felicitas as agents of Felicitas - asking Gladstone if they have the rights to collect would probably result in them ignoring you (their viewpoint will be Feliticas asked as to write the letters so yep we have appropriate rights but we don't have a template response so too much effort).

Heck all Gladstones is, is a letter generation and phone call hassle firm - for x% of revenue collected they will hassle people on your behalf...

So Gladstone isn't your issue here they really are to my eyes an irrelevance. The only question I have is what will Felicitas do when the Gladstones phase is finished? Is it game over, Felicitas give up and you are free to go or is it Game on, the 5% offer disappears and Felicitas pick a few cases and start heading to court for full repayment.
    My 'loans' have been written off, but I would have relished going to court to face these £eckers. It would have been a cathartic experience.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by pnr8uk
    How can they be irrelevant they are the debt collectors!

The 1 tiny point is actually the total and utter main point, have you the rights to collect and do you own the loans legally and did you acquire them legally, which is what ETC and WTT and us are asking them to prove firstly.

We can focus on the significant issues once the proof comes.

I have nothing more to say.
    Since when did Gladstones own the debt - they are sending letters on behalf of Felicitas as agents of Felicitas - asking Gladstone if they have the rights to collect would probably result in them ignoring you (their viewpoint will be Feliticas asked as to write the letters so yep we have appropriate rights but we don't have a template response so too much effort).

Heck all Gladstones is, is a letter generation and phone call hassle firm - for x% of revenue collected they will hassle people on your behalf...

So Gladstone isn't your issue here they really are to my eyes an irrelevance. The only question I have is what will Felicitas do when the Gladstones phase is finished? Is it game over, Felicitas give up and you are free to go or is it Game on, the 5% offer disappears and Felicitas pick a few cases and start heading to court for full repayment.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    QED right there finally!
    And they are irrelevant to the actual issue as Felicitas from the IoM is the company seeking the money.

You are looking at 1 tiny point of the issue when the problem those of us with experience of such things are focussed on is an entirely separate and more significant issue (an IoM trust who will be using IoM trust law to recover money "owed").
    Last edited by eek; 14 August 2020, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• Superfly
    replied
    <Mod: post modified to protect poster>

I don't why the debt cannot be disputed also, if you have documentary evidence from the scheme provider stating that it would never require repayment.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    <Mod: post modified to protect poster>

It's not an English firm - the only English firm involved here is the debt collection firm they picked because they are cheap and seem to have become less prominent.

Question where are Felicitas Solutions and ECS Trustees based?
    Last edited by cojak; 21 November 2020, 12:39. Reason: Quote removal

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    That's all it is here a debt collection dispute.
    But it's a debt collection dispute with the added complexity that the IoM is involved and worse it's not just IoM contract and debt laws it's also IoM trust law which adds even more complexities / opacity and could potentially override whole sections of the things you might otherwise rely on..

Now it's perfectly possible that the IoM is irrelevant and this is (as you hope) just a debt argument within standard English law but I don't think it is - I suspect it's far more awkward than that

Which means the first question you need to ask yourself when seeking legal advice is, for which country's laws do you need that legal advice England (possibly Scotland) or the IoM or worse, all of them?
    Last edited by eek; 14 August 2020, 13:18.

Leave a comment:

• stevematch
    replied
    Trust

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    The people who are trying to inject a dose of reality are the ones I respect and trust in this area, it’s webberg’s business and eek has spent the last 7 years researching this stuff. Piebaps actually has first hand experience in HMRC Enquiries.

Just because people want to believe something to be true doesn’t make it so.
    Go and seek legal advice if you can afford it rather than relying on people who have turned this forum toxic.

Leave a comment:

• shampoo
    replied
    <Mod: Quote removed at poster's request.>

The Darwin contract posted earlier refers to self employment ... When you’re self employed its up to you as an individual to take care of your tax affairs ... It was never a loan but payment for services ... once paid its up to the self employed individual to declare and pay the correct taxes on his/her income.
    Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 11:26. Reason: Quote removal

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by shampoo View Post
    It's the ones that keep piping up saying it doesn't affect them or weren't in a scheme talk the most bollocks ... some of the patter and advice on this thread is honking!

There is also a lot of good folk on here who are quite rightly concerned ... Try not to listen to the argumentative doom merchants!
    The people who are trying to inject a dose of reality are the ones I respect and trust in this area, it’s webberg’s business and eek has spent the last 7 years researching this stuff. Piebaps actually has first hand experience in HMRC Enquiries.

Just because people want to believe something to be true doesn’t make it so.

Leave a comment:

• shampoo
    replied
    It's the ones that keep piping up saying it doesn't affect them or weren't in a scheme talk the most bollocks ... some of the patter and advice on this thread is honking!

There is also a lot of good folk on here who are quite rightly concerned ... Try not to listen to the argumentative doom merchants!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X