• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pembroke PAYE Umbrella closing down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Iusedpembroke - check your DMs.
    He or she has two posts, I don't think that user can access messages without more posts first.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Could you pleae DM me also, I know I'm late to this, so appologies in advance.

Hi Sheps, I will DM you.

Comment

I'd like to also be added to the group, please. If Admin could share with you my account email

I wasn't sure with the scheme from day one, so I inundated them with emails all of which I have saved. Maybe helpful.

For anyone reading there is now a small group of four of us in the same boat, seeking legal advice and sharing information. If you are reading and also impacted by Pembroke please feel free to DM me to connect with us.

Comment

I've DM'd Sameissue and Sheps. If they can't access DMs any idea what else we can do to privately share contact details?

Otherwise Sameissue and Sheps, why don't you have a look around the forums and contribute to a few threads and get your count up.

Comment

Also, does anyone have any progress/updates on this?

I know the liquidator (@Ian Richardson GT Leeds) is on this forum, I don't suppose you have any update do you Ian?

I have so far heard nothing, anybody got any news?

It seems crazy they can take this long to make any progress and tap 8% interest on. If HMRC ever open a savings account I'll be first in line...

Comment

I've been sent a request to do a SA, for when I used Pembroke in 18/19. I've not filled it in yet, but I'm not sure if I should mention the loans which will leave me open for a tax bill. What do you think and has anyone filled in a SA and not mentioned the loans. Please DM me as I'm unable to do so myself.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherPen View Post
                I've been sent a request to do a SA, for when I used Pembroke in 18/19. I've not filled it in yet, but I'm not sure if I should mention the loans which will leave me open for a tax bill. What do you think and has anyone filled in a SA and not mentioned the loans. Please DM me as I'm unable to do so myself.
                Did the request suggest why you've been requested to complete an SA for a historical tax year? Have you considered that HMRC know that you used a disguised remuneration scheme and are now being given you the opportunity to correct your tax affairs?

I'd be wary of being intentionally omitting details being asked of you, or even obfuscating things.
                Last edited by Paralytic; 12 April 2021, 13:59.

Comment

You can’t DM people as you don’t have enough posts yet.

and what you really need is some advice so call WTT as they should give you a first consultation for free.

what I will say is don’t lie on you self assessment form so get advice before you fill it in
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You can learn a little more about use of DM here https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...-requests.html

Comment

Would agree with the above, I think getting your tax wrong is one think, intentionally lying in order to hide money from HMRC is another thing. I'd be very careful. If you DM me I will trade emails. I would suggest you speak to Chris O'Hara @ Harts as he is familiar and advising others on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X