• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official review launched into disastrous retrospective Loan Charge.....
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 14 December 2019, 21:58.

Comment

How does the govt save face...

There are a couple of scapegoats that I can think of that have lost the whip...they can start there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
        How does the govt save face...

There are a couple of scapegoats that I can think of that have lost the whip...they can start there.
        I don't care about saving face. I care about justice and stopping the run of suicides.

I still reckon that HMRC think they run parliament - I don't think that has sunk into government yet. I just hope the review is done and the LC scrapped before a GE.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I don't care about saving face. I care about justice and stopping the run of suicides.

I still reckon that HMRC think they run parliament - I don't think that has sunk into government yet. I just hope the review is done and the LC scrapped before a GE.
          Neither do I, the point is someone or some persons will have to be the fall-person/s. There are some choice candidates...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
            someone or some persons will have to be the fall-person/s.
            The LC was entirely cooked up within HMRC, to get them out of a hole of their own making, so they should carry the can for it.

If they'd not been asleep at the wheel for 20 years, loans would never have got so out of hand.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Phil, Thanks.

Phil, great to speak with you yesterday and thank you for all your doing to help.

All: On the topic of Data Protection GDPR, How has DOR received my loan agreement information? my home address? even my bloody name. How can this information be available to DOR without my written consent to share this information? I've not to-date given approval or consent....

Maybe I will ask the deed executive for my loans at IQ/ Infinity for a copy of my signed Loan agreement along with the consent to release my personal information to all in sundry ... GDPR Data Protection Act 2018.

I will start the process and once I'm clear on the next step I will share.. but as you can see below, I assume none of what IQ/Infinity Executive or DOR are doing is for the purpose of lawful interest, but that of self gain which I assume is contradictory to GDPR legislation, Data Protection Act 2018.

Heah! I could be wrong here! but at least lets ask the question.... your thoughts and advice please.

Lawfulness of processing: public interest etc
              In Article 6(1) of the GDPR (lawfulness of processing), the reference in point (e) to processing of personal data that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of the controller's official authority includes processing of personal data that is necessary for—
              (a)the administration of justice,
              (b)the exercise of a function of either House of Parliament,
              (c)the exercise of a function conferred on a person by an enactment or rule of law,
              (d)the exercise of a function of the Crown, a Minister of the Crown or a government department, or
              (e)an activity that supports or promotes democratic engagement.

And possibly the correct answer is - None of the above??????

Comment

You can pursue this if you like however you may be wasting your time and efforts. By all means make a Subject Access Request, but don't hold out your hopes for a silver bullet.

Your starting point should be your loan agreement and then any other legal agreement you signed at the time you entered the scheme. These are the documents which will confirm to you the identity of the original lender was and what rights they have to pass your data to someone else. If you have these, get checking the small print before you head off down a blind alley.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  The LC was entirely cooked up within HMRC, to get them out of a hole of their own making, so they should carry the can for it.

If they'd not been asleep at the wheel for 20 years, loans would never have got so out of hand.
                  how many cases are of 20 years and how many are of 6 years?
                  HMRC might split it and 80% might fall in the 6 years category!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Hear Hear /waves paper/

Comment

What happened with the Insella scheme in the end?

Comment

Working...
                      X