• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil is doing a massive amount behind the scenes, trust me

Comment

Originally posted by headspin View Post
      ...trust me
      Why should people trust you? What are your credentials?

Comment

Don't trust me then, I'm just telling you what I know

Comment

Don't trust me then, I'm just telling you what I know
          You told us nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Why should people trust you? What are your credentials?
            One should never trust anyone who posts on CUK. I am only here out of boredom and morbid curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You told us nothing!
              Except that he was doing a lot behind the scenes such as meeting Matt Hall last night and working a way forward in conjunction with him. It's really up to you what you want to think but Phil is most definitely on our side

Comment

Except that he was doing a lot behind the scenes such as meeting Matt Hall last night and working a way forward in conjunction with him. It's really up to you what you want to think but Phil is most definitely on our side
                Which amounts to nothing.

I am not on anyone's side. I would just like to get a sense of reality.

Comment

Meeting Matt Hall behind the scenes isn't really doing a lot behind the scenes.

Look - I think Matt Hall's business morals are questionable - he promoted tax avoidance schemes and until recently he was still promoting tax planning that he felt a need to reference the GAAR - but if he's fighting the good fight then great.

All I see is a collection of seriously unprofessional tax advisers trolling on Twitter - I made a complaint to the Chartered Institute of Taxation today and directed them at the tweets - they were very interested as the CTA expects their members to behave in a professional manner.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                    I made a complaint to the Chartered Institute of Taxation today and directed them at the tweets - they were very interested as the CTA expects their members to behave in a professional manner.
                    So HMRC can behave unprofessionally and get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                      All I see is a collection of seriously unprofessional tax advisers trolling on Twitter
                      That's all they've been doing for months.

Losing sleep over the loan charge? These guys have never had so many clients.

Comment

Working...
                      X