• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yep another one - Target Umbrella / Redstone Services - HMRC letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I have searched and read through most of the posts about the HMRC enquiries on loan amounts from Umbrella companies but I’m not sure whether this applies to all umbrella companies that the HMRC are investigating.

I was with Target Umbrella for four months and received loan payments from Integra Management. HMRC counter avoidance have asked me to provide the details which I have done.

Target Umbrella tell me they are sending me a response letter to send to HMRC which will stop them hassling me.

They say they are not DOTAS registered and are fully compliant.

Is this just pie in the sky ? Are HMRC hoping I just settle the tax bill to recoup tax from schemes which are legal but they are opposed to ?

Basically what I am asking is the fact that I have got a letter investigating the loan payments means I just have to settle and that’s the end of the matter. A repsonse from Target / Redstone is not going to get rid of HMRC ?

I know there is a lot of info on here already but I am still not sure whether a letter from HMRC about loan payments automatically means I just have to cave in and I can’t challenge them.

Regards,
    Gary

Ah, the lovely Michelle from Redstone.

Yes, I’m afraid that it’s 99.99% pie in the sky. Look up Phil or Big Group to get more advice on this matter.

These kind of umbrellas are now looking at criminal proceedings, so of course they’ll say everything’s legit https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...th-2018-a.html
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Ah, the lovely Michelle from Redstone.

Yes, I’m afraid that it’s 99.99% pie in the sky. Look up Phil or Big Group to get more advice on this matter.

These kind of umbrellas are now looking at criminal proceedings, so of course they’ll say everything’s legit
      Yep. Michelle XXXX MD. Two or three times been promised paperwork. Spoke to four different people there.

I like other people on here signed up with these umbrella companies in good faith. Recommended by the agency who secured me the role. Website says they are compliant. What more can people do ? I for one will join any group that will create a lawsuit against these outfits.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Prosperity 4 ?

Has anyone heard anything from HMRC re Prosperity 4? I was with them years ago, no longer have the paperwork and they no longer exist - don't recall them using a loan scheme but not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Sezzler View Post
          Has anyone heard anything from HMRC re Prosperity 4? I was with them years ago, no longer have the paperwork and they no longer exist - don't recall them using a loan scheme but not 100%.
          You could try tracking down this guy:
          https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...s/appointments
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Culps67 View Post
            Hi all,

I have searched and read through most of the posts about the HMRC enquiries on loan amounts from Umbrella companies but I’m not sure whether this applies to all umbrella companies that the HMRC are investigating.

I was with Target Umbrella for four months and received loan payments from Integra Management. HMRC counter avoidance have asked me to provide the details which I have done.

Target Umbrella tell me they are sending me a response letter to send to HMRC which will stop them hassling me.

They say they are not DOTAS registered and are fully compliant.

Is this just pie in the sky ? Are HMRC hoping I just settle the tax bill to recoup tax from schemes which are legal but they are opposed to ?

Basically what I am asking is the fact that I have got a letter investigating the loan payments means I just have to settle and that’s the end of the matter. A repsonse from Target / Redstone is not going to get rid of HMRC ?

I know there is a lot of info on here already but I am still not sure whether a letter from HMRC about loan payments automatically means I just have to cave in and I can’t challenge them.

Regards,
            Gary

Hi Gary,

I was with Target/Integra also only for 6 months and considering sending back the tax advantage to the revenue in this years tax return (for 2017/18) can you let me know the information the revenue have said about Integra? Also in my Integra contract it states all loans are to be paid back on the tenth anniversary, have you looked into this? Feel free to email me so can chat more.

Regards,

Jack
            <email removed by mod - if you want to contact each other use PMs>

Comment

Originally posted by Sezzler View Post
              Ah the lovely P4, first of the totally unethical umbrellas. Got into a right mess, buggered up a lot of people, closed down and immediately phoenixed themselves into Tarpon Ltd, even using the same website, supporting material and client list (and bollocks about QC opinions). Doubt they are still in business as we know it.

Tarpon, incidentally, is a large predatory North Atlantic fish of no commercial value. Seems like the P4 people also have a sense of humour, if not ethics...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by JackH1 View Post
                Hi Gary,

Also in my Integra contract it states all loans are to be paid back on the tenth anniversary, have you looked into this?
                Sorry Jack only just seen this. What on earth is this all about ? So pay HMRC the tax and pay Integra their loans back ?!!

Comment

Ah, presumably that is Michelle Xxx. If so you'd do well to assume that she is not on your side - be very, very wary of her.

Comment

I’ve given up talking to Target. They just spew out BS. Just waiting for HMRC to give me a settlement figure. I only earned £12006 in 16/17 (only worked a few months). So taking away the tax free allowance of £11,000 they are hounding and hassling me for tax on £1006 ! No doubt they wait a few months before telling me what the setttlement is and then slap penalties and interest on it ! They are simply operating above the law and seem untouchable. Judging by the horror stories I am reading in the many letter to parliament around “The Conduct of Tax Enquiries and the Resolution of Tax Disputes inquiry”. How on earth is this allowed to happen in this country ? I’ve now heard they can take money out of people’s bank accounts without their permission ! Am I dreaming all this ? I have got away lightly here as I was only on one of these schemes for a few months and I feel extremely sorry for the many people in much worse situations. I am willing to contribute to any crowdfunding to fight these crooks.
                    Last edited by Culps67; 6 August 2018, 10:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X