• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge Action Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other questions:

Who set up this group?
    Who administers this group?
    Who is paying for those fancy videos?

#justaskin’
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

People with skin in the Game (APNs/DMB love letters) who care what happens to them...

#justrespondin'
      Last edited by DeadDOTAS; 23 April 2018, 16:13.

Comment

It’s genuine

It’s a genuine campaign site - security checks are for everyone’s protection.

Comment

They building a fund for JR?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Other questions:

Who set up this group?

#justaskin’
            Who set up this group?
            A group of very pro-active people who are tied up in all this mess.

As always, there are a couple of main admins who came up with the idea, but open to volunteers withing the group to help share the load. NOBODY is being paid, or making money within this group. ALL are tied up in this mess and are utilising time and contacts to try and help resolve this mess.

Paid for by funds donated to the group (not costing as much as you think, due to contacts people there know. All 100% transparent with weekly updates on their progress and financial income and expenditure.

For clarity - Am I a member - YES, am I part of the admin / steering group - NO
            STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

regron

Originally posted by regron View Post
              Who set up this group?

regron

Thanks for the update. Im all for this type of approach and gaining momentum to bring this up to decision maker's attention. I genuinely believe many of the MPs who voted for 2017 Fin Act were not aware of the details and implications.

However the site lacks formality, credibility. This is not a criticism, just an observation. The site needs more upfront information, like what its planning to do, what its so far achieved, how many members , how its communicating, if any professional bodies are already on board and being spoken to and so on.

Add a list of what visitors can do without having to join first. Try and engage

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                regron

Thanks for the update. Im all for this type of approach and gaining momentum to bring this up to decision maker's attention. I genuinely believe many of the MPs who voted for 2017 Fin Act were not aware of the details and implications.

However the site lacks formality, credibility. This is not a criticism, just an observation. The site needs more upfront information, like what its planning to do, what its so far achieved, how many members , how its communicating, if any professional bodies are already on board and being spoken to and so on.

Add a list of what visitors can do without having to join first. Try and engage
                Hi Luxcon and thanks.

I believe you can now join as a guest on the forum without charge, so you can post any concerns you have like the above and then make an informed decision. They really are 100% open to any ideas / help that can move it forward. It is only 6 weeks old and with everyone involved having full time jobs, makes it a slower progress than everyone would have naturally wanted.

I would recommend you hop over there and get yourself a guest account. I think it is better you get the formal answers you are after, rather than me attempt to relay them. Hope that makes sense.

Naturally they are concerned about HMRC infiltrators, which doesn't help the situation. This is a group run by it's members, rather than a service you pay for to get advice etc.... we can very much think outside the box and run parallel arguments alongside professional advice, without losing site of that, or worry about tainting it.

Hope that helps a little more. Bearing in mind there are HMRC moles within this forum ;-)
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                  Who set up this group?

As always, there are a couple of main admins who came up with the idea, but open to volunteers withing the group to help share the load. NOBODY is being paid, or making money within this group. ALL are tied up in this mess and are utilising time and contacts to try and help resolve this mess.

Paid for by funds donated to the group (not costing as much as you think, due to contacts people there know. All 100% transparent with weekly updates on their progress and financial income and expenditure.

So the obvious follow-ons are therefore who is the OP of this thread and why aren't they answering the questions?

Let's face it, many of you are in this mess because of being referred to a shadowy organisation who weren't telling all the truth. You can see why some may be a little suspicious.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    So the obvious follow-ons are therefore who is the OP of this thread and why aren't they answering the questions?

Let's face it, many of you are in this mess because of being referred to a shadowy organisation who weren't telling all the truth. You can see why some may be a little suspicious.
                    Completely understand that 100% and I have no idea who the original poster is, perhaps just another member. That is where it gets difficult, because if you try and push anything these days people are naturally suspicious, that will never go away. Hence the suggestion to sign up to a free guest account and see if people get the answers they want there. There is no cloak and dagger approach with this, there is no professionals or quick to make a buck people behind it. Everyone is, as you say, in this mess and it's just another way of trying to resolve it rather than:

1. Sitting around doing nothing.
                    2. Sitting around hoping others will do something.
                    3. Solely relying on paid professionals to come up with a solution.

Look, I'm not here to promote, promote, promote this new initiative. I have made my choice to become a member and am happy with that. Naturally others have unanswered questions / concerns / doubt etc.... totally understandable and it is up to those individuals to make their own choices. The reason I made my original post was to try and shed a bit more light on the subject, that is all.

Comment

This need direction and leadership

Any Action Group needs to be open and plan its action.

For example, lets plan to lobby the MPs to press for a fairer settlement. Currently HMRC demand on full settlement, plus interest on open years and it appears they are no longer budging from this position.

Lets create the forum where the Action Group can target its energy on gaining momentum to lobby pressing for these terms.

- Drop the Interest Charges on open years
                      - Partial Settlement, say a fairer 20% tax
                      - More time to pay depending on individual's financial situation
                      - Interest free on period of settlement

I think we can better engage the MP's and the decision makers if the leadership is open and focus on the direction and the actions.

Publish templates, ask people what to do.

I never liked it when posters on this forum tried to suffocate discussion and exchange of ideas telling people that HMRC is reading the post, dont post and remain private.

That only went to make the few cleaver people benefiting from this catastrophy rich.

Estimated 40,000 people effected. I think there are many more. Even at 40k, thats multiplied by Partners, Children, and other dependents.

Each can take action if they knew what action to take. Thats potentially 200,000 plus individuals and potential voters.

Comment

Working...
                      X