• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article - help please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article - help please!

Dear All,

I hope you don't mind me posting on this group, but I've been told you might be able to help me.

I'm researching EBTs, 2011 Finance Act and Loan Charge 2019. At the moment I'm looking to find a case study - someone who has been and will be affected by this legislation.

I've had some very kind people email me over their stories and they've galvanized me to keep pushing for publication.

The only problem is, I need someone who is willing to share their real name and be photographed for the newspaper.

I understand people are worried about doing that as many of you work in the finance industry but this is the only way I can run something.

We are the largest circulating Sunday newspaper in the UK and we would get great coverage of this issue. Often we have our stories picked up by other national newspapers so HMRC would really be put under pressure to answer your questions/demands.

As I'm sure you all know too well, this is bankrupting people and causing many people to suffer from severe mental ill health. It needs to change and I hope I can write something to start that change.

If anyone feels they could help me by sharing their story with their real name and a willingness to be pictured, I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,
    Georgia

You could do worse than listen to a Radio 4 Money Box programme from a year ago which covered this and had live interviews.

I think you might also look at the article in the Telegraph recently which had a very good case study using anonymous names, but real situations.

You are correct that many here will feel a mixture of embarrassment for being fooled by the silver tongues of promoters and trepidation over being identified by a current or future client, especially in financial services.

You can contact us and we can ask our clients but I cannot guarantee we will produce a suitable condidate.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Gjourno View Post
      Dear All,

I hope you don't mind me posting on this group, but I've been told you might be able to help me.

I'm researching EBTs, 2011 Finance Act and Loan Charge 2019. At the moment I'm looking to find a case study - someone who has been and will be affected by this legislation.

I've had some very kind people email me over their stories and they've galvanized me to keep pushing for publication.

The only problem is, I need someone who is willing to share their real name and be photographed for the newspaper.

I understand people are worried about doing that as many of you work in the finance industry but this is the only way I can run something.

We are the largest circulating Sunday newspaper in the UK and we would get great coverage of this issue. Often we have our stories picked up by other national newspapers so HMRC would really be put under pressure to answer your questions/demands.

As I'm sure you all know too well, this is bankrupting people and causing many people to suffer from severe mental ill health. It needs to change and I hope I can write something to start that change.

If anyone feels they could help me by sharing their story with their real name and a willingness to be pictured, I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,
      Georgia

Do you mean you represent the Daily Fail ?

#stopfundinghate

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
        Do you mean you represent the Daily Fail ?
        The Sun on Sunday has the largest circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
          I just looked that up as well.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This may sound a bit inappropriate, but there were a few cases (that I've read) where people had committed suicide due to what HMRC has been doing to everyone.

It might be worth interviewing the families and friends of those victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Gjourno View Post
              Dear All,

Best wishes,
              Georgia
              It was nice to see Michelle Mone speak up so confidently on her use of EBTs: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/mich...avoidance.html

Wish I could be more like her.

Comment

And so knowledgeably

"Before I entered the House of Lords, I had an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) that my ex-husband set up in the business.

Comment

And is she not romantically involved with somebody who made a fortune from contractor loan schemes?

Was that mentioned?
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-uk/

both evil rags are close tho depending but goes from bad to worse

#stopfundinghate

Comment

Working...
                    X